Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you receive work from regular clients on a Friday evening due for the following Monday?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:19
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Not very often Jan 12, 2015

And I don't usually accept it (although like most here I will make exceptions)

Henry Schroeder
Henry Schroeder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:19
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Sometimes, generally also consider the weekend in terms of capacity Jan 12, 2015

I don't mind working on the weekend, as Michael said, there are fewer distractions.

More often, however, it is necessary to work on the weekend because there is not enough time during the week for the quantity of accepted translations. In these cases you definitely can't ask for a surcharge, but I rarely ask for one anyway.

Interesting poll. Another topic that I would be curious about is how many colleagues also determine their weekly capacity by including the weekend,
... See more
I don't mind working on the weekend, as Michael said, there are fewer distractions.

More often, however, it is necessary to work on the weekend because there is not enough time during the week for the quantity of accepted translations. In these cases you definitely can't ask for a surcharge, but I rarely ask for one anyway.

Interesting poll. Another topic that I would be curious about is how many colleagues also determine their weekly capacity by including the weekend, and, if so, both Saturday and Sunday or just one day?

Henry
Collapse

Georgie Scott
Georgie Scott  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Fairly often Jan 12, 2015

I quite like working weekends as I don't get distracted by emails and then I can take a day off during the week to surf - and the beaches are less crowded during the week. Not quite so relevant right now, but there are still less people on the roads.

I've noticed though that a couple of my regular clients seem to have become aware of this and send more work on the weekend than they used to. I'm happy with that.

[Edited at 2015-01-12 16:17 GMT]

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
sometimes Jan 12, 2015

I don't get many job offers on friday, but when I do they're usually for monday or tuesday.
I don't mind working on a weekend at all! i get monday off!

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other option Jan 12, 2015

I don't keep track of things like that. I don't run stats on how much work I do for this or that customer year in or year out. Why? So that I can make a pretty pie chart with it?

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:19
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's like a rule Jan 13, 2015

Every Friday afternoon I expect it.

EvaVer (X)
EvaVer (X)  Identity Verified
Czech to French
+ ...
The busiest time Jan 13, 2015

Elías Sauza wrote:

Every Friday afternoon I expect it.

Before week-end, everybody empties their drawers (I mean furniture, not...) or IT equivalent. And some of my clients (thereof my main one) also work week-ends, so that a free week-end is rare for me.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:19
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Fairly often, Jan 13, 2015

But regarding my weekeneds, it doesn't really matter. If I have work to do and no other plans, I'll work on the weekend anyway.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you receive work from regular clients on a Friday evening due for the following Monday?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »