Poll: Overall, do you consider your work/life to be balanced?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Dec 28, 2014

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Overall, do you consider your work/life to be balanced?".

This poll was originally submitted by Frankie JB. View the poll results »

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:54
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I had to be honest and say "No" Dec 28, 2014

I seldom have time to do much besides translating. I have many projects in the works and I never seem to get to them.

Vera Schoen
Vera Schoen  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:54
Member (2008)
German to Swedish
+ ...
No, not quite there yet Dec 28, 2014

I find it very difficult to say no to work, so for many years there's been little going on except work, work, work. This year, however, my boss (I) has allowed me some time off around the holidays, and I'm fully enjoying the time off. After ten years I'm slowly realising that there has to be a balance between work and leisure.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:54
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, to a point... Dec 28, 2014

When I worked in-house things were much more balanced than now, but by then I still had some of my children at home. Anyway, when life and work seem unbalanced it’s of my own choice and over the years I have accepted that work and life are layers on top of each other, with varying levels of emphasis…

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:54
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
To a point Dec 28, 2014

Balanced to my liking, yes. But my husband would prefer me to spend less time working. But there will always be conflicts where one partner is retired. I'm not ready for retirement yet.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm happy with it Dec 28, 2014

Like Sheila, my wife wishes I would spend less time working, but I really enjoy what I do and I have some really interesting projects coming up. I'm excited. Of course that balance is going to be different for everyone. Getting married has changed my balance as there are now more things that need balancing.

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 14:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Internet connection Dec 28, 2014

The day it became possible for me to connect at home, the balance went out of kilter.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Overall, do you consider your work/life to be balanced?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »