Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you behave when you have more than one job at a time?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
David Wright
David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 08:11
German to English
+ ...
Happens all the time actually Dec 13, 2014

and since I use a dictaphone and Dragon transription I usually dictate two or three jobs, then get down to the nitty gritty of the most urgent, then maybe dictate another and so on. It's only a problem when more than one text is actually (and genuinely) urgent.

564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:11
Danish to English
+ ...
Other Dec 13, 2014

I eat more cake than usual...

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:11
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Indeed, it happens all the time, Dec 13, 2014

Of course I'll do the most urgent one first.

But most of the time, the deadlines for both allow me to work in peace, so what I usually do is to move around them. I start one (an online platform that usually makes me angry for being so unpractical, compared to my own CAT) and work on it for a few hours. Then I eat something, fix the kitchen, FB and ProZ a little bit, and start working on the other one (multiple files using my own tools). Then after dinner, FB and ProZ a bit more, an
... See more
Of course I'll do the most urgent one first.

But most of the time, the deadlines for both allow me to work in peace, so what I usually do is to move around them. I start one (an online platform that usually makes me angry for being so unpractical, compared to my own CAT) and work on it for a few hours. Then I eat something, fix the kitchen, FB and ProZ a little bit, and start working on the other one (multiple files using my own tools). Then after dinner, FB and ProZ a bit more, and work again on the one that is giving me the hardest time or on small extra jobs I may have.

That way, it doesn't get boring, and I can relax a bit between jobs.
Collapse

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:11
German to English
+ ...
Like any other time Dec 14, 2014

Translation jobs don't just "happen" - they're decided and planned for. We decide whether to take each job, we figure out how much time each will take, and tell each client when the job will be ready, plan your work and then get to work. You don't literally do two jobs at the same time. You just happen to have 2, 3 etc. jobs that are queued.

I didn't quite understand the question.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you behave when you have more than one job at a time?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »