Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you ever translate in a language pair that you do not advertise your services in?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
DianeGM
DianeGM  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:32
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Rarely ... Dec 5, 2014

I once translated an Apostille stamp from Macedonian to English - only because the project manager was absolutely frantic about getting the document out to the client on a Friday afternoon and I already know what English text it should contain.
I have also occassionally translated the odd sentence, term or text in figure from French in Belgian documents I have been translating from Dutch to English - but I have hilighted those to the client.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
Very rarely Dec 5, 2014

I once translated parts of a death certificate from Portuguese to English while working in-house. Sometimes I find untranslated bits in the video games that I work on, and will do my best with those as well. Usually I am given a lot of room for creativity in those projects, so I often write something entirely new, as long as it doesn't affect game play.

Oh, I am adding Dovahzul, the language the dragons from the Elder Scrolls series speak. I haven't started advertising that pair ye
... See more
I once translated parts of a death certificate from Portuguese to English while working in-house. Sometimes I find untranslated bits in the video games that I work on, and will do my best with those as well. Usually I am given a lot of room for creativity in those projects, so I often write something entirely new, as long as it doesn't affect game play.

Oh, I am adding Dovahzul, the language the dragons from the Elder Scrolls series speak. I haven't started advertising that pair yet. I'll fix that now.
Collapse

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:32
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It has happened a few times Dec 6, 2014

I've worked with Spanish and French to Portuguese several times, for small documents, with regular clients who would not engage a translator of another language for a very short or very simple text.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you ever translate in a language pair that you do not advertise your services in?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »