Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you use a tablet for your translation work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:44
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No Nov 25, 2014

Tablets are not a proper tool to translate with a similar pace compared to a PC's keyboard.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty post
Al Zaid
Al Zaid
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only for reading books Nov 25, 2014

[quote]Mario Chavez wrote:

Melanie Nassar wrote:

Even though I could, I never use them for regular reading; I prefer printed books, of which I have hundreds.

That's what I do the most on a tablet. In fact, I've even read a book or two on my smartphone. I keep some light reading on the phone to kill time at queues, bus stations, etc.
And no, I never use a tablet for my translation work. Seems too awkward.

Giovanna Alessandra Meloni
Giovanna Alessandra Meloni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:44
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Other Nov 25, 2014

I don't use the tablet to write a translation, but I use it for some work related tasks, as Gianluca wrote.

Gianluca Marras wrote:

The only work-related use of my tablet consists of:
- checking emails when I am not at work
- use it as a wi-fi hotspot in case I need
- check images related to the translation I am working on

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes Nov 25, 2014

As a second monitor, or with a bluetooth keyboard with a hard copy of the document. It's great for things like birth certificates or short texts when you're out visiting a client's location and need to translate something on the fly. I even bring short texts with me and work in the mall while my wife shops. Dictating, as previously mentioned, is really easy, too. My cellphone understands me much better than Dragon does

... See more
As a second monitor, or with a bluetooth keyboard with a hard copy of the document. It's great for things like birth certificates or short texts when you're out visiting a client's location and need to translate something on the fly. I even bring short texts with me and work in the mall while my wife shops. Dictating, as previously mentioned, is really easy, too. My cellphone understands me much better than Dragon does

http://www.opl10nt9n.com/blog/4-steps-to-mobile-translation-on-android-devices
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you use a tablet for your translation work?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »