Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: My most trusted business relationship is with...
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Nov 15, 2014

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "My most trusted business relationship is with...".

View the poll results »

Salam Alrawi
Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:00
English to Arabic
+ ...
My cat Nov 15, 2014

For some reasons, every time I am sitting behind the desk and start yawning, she comes straight to me and jump in my lap.
I can't sleep on my desk at all

[Edited at 2014-11-15 08:27 GMT]

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:00
German to English
+ ...
I voted my computer technician ... Nov 15, 2014

... but only because he happens to be my husband!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Really cheering response Nov 15, 2014

In spite of all the criticism of agencies on here, it turns out that we really love 'em! Isn't that nice? It's certainly true for me: my best client is scrupulously fair and honest as well as demanding.

In a perfect world, we'd all vote for our accountants. They can save us lots of money by reducing our tax bills (legally, of course); but mine just costs me money...
See more
In spite of all the criticism of agencies on here, it turns out that we really love 'em! Isn't that nice? It's certainly true for me: my best client is scrupulously fair and honest as well as demanding.

In a perfect world, we'd all vote for our accountants. They can save us lots of money by reducing our tax bills (legally, of course); but mine just costs me money.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other Nov 15, 2014

My most trusted business relationship is with a direct client (why isn't this option available????)!

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
A direct client Nov 15, 2014

Actually, some 3-4 of them. We play with all cards face-up on the table, to find out the best way for us together to assemble them.

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Yetta Jensen Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:00
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
Agencies/PMs Nov 15, 2014

After having gone through a few irritating, unprofessional, demanding, self-serving, patronizing, disrespectful .......... agencies/PMs, with low rates

Who I have divorced and shed over time, I now have arrived with a few regular, professional, respectful, considerate, amiable, successful ..........agencies/PMs, with reasonable rates.

And I feel that's what it is all about, you find the business partners you feel happy and comfortable with. But I am not sure if they wou
... See more
After having gone through a few irritating, unprofessional, demanding, self-serving, patronizing, disrespectful .......... agencies/PMs, with low rates

Who I have divorced and shed over time, I now have arrived with a few regular, professional, respectful, considerate, amiable, successful ..........agencies/PMs, with reasonable rates.

And I feel that's what it is all about, you find the business partners you feel happy and comfortable with. But I am not sure if they would be the same for all of us; As in life in general, we possibly have different tastes, and hurray for that.

[Edited at 2014-11-15 10:50 GMT]
Collapse

DianeGM
DianeGM  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:00
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
My accountant Nov 15, 2014

She's my heroine. Whatever Greek bureacracy has to throw at me doesn't scare me any more. I truly feel safer and richer for having her on my side.

[Edited at 2014-11-16 08:53 GMT]

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:00
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Trust? Nov 15, 2014

I'm not a fearful person, but I don't really *trust* the services of anyone. My computer tech comes closest.

In my long life, I've found that my expectations are never shared with others. Everyone has their own row to hoe and I am always prepared to deal with unforeseen events. The unexpected is neither good or bad; it just is.

I am reminded of the saying "Blessed are those who expect little, for they shall not be disappointed."

Learning about trust is one
... See more
I'm not a fearful person, but I don't really *trust* the services of anyone. My computer tech comes closest.

In my long life, I've found that my expectations are never shared with others. Everyone has their own row to hoe and I am always prepared to deal with unforeseen events. The unexpected is neither good or bad; it just is.

I am reminded of the saying "Blessed are those who expect little, for they shall not be disappointed."

Learning about trust is one of the themes of my memoir, "Finding My Invincible Summer."
Collapse

Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I chose other, because my most trusted Business relationship is... Nov 15, 2014

my lawyer. Not only does he legally defend my interests (chasing non-payers, etc.), he also provides a lot of work (mainly interpreting). Moreover, we have just became associates in a new venture offering legal, financial and linguistic counsel to entrepreneurs.

Have a great day,

Nigel

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Other Nov 15, 2014

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:

Actually, some 3-4 of them. We play with all cards face-up on the table, to find out the best way for us together to assemble them.

Exactly!

My clients, whether PM's or direct, and I have an honest business relationship. That's all it takes to satisfy all parties.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Honest but not trusted Nov 15, 2014

Thayenga wrote:

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:

Exactly!

My clients, whether PM's or direct, and I have an honest business relationship. That's all it takes to satisfy all parties.

I have 100% honest relationship with several agency PMs, however the relationship cannot always be trusted because now and then their end-clients are holding back something. Though the PMs and their agencies will do their best to buffer any impact, sometimes there is only so much they can do.

I mean, while I'll trust these PMs blindly, both of us should take some end-clients with a grain of salt.

Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
same here Nov 15, 2014

Mary Worby wrote:

... but only because he happens to be my husband!

I tried to vote on this one, but it says it's "reserved for members", I'm logged in so I don't know what's up!

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Know the feeling Nov 15, 2014

Sheila Wilson wrote:

In a perfect world, we'd all vote for our accountants. They can save us lots of money by reducing our tax bills (legally, of course); but mine just costs me money.

One I recently switched to turned out to be completely incompetent and has cost me a small fortune and a lot of stress. Not the general idea when you sign up to one.

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:00
German to English
+ ...
absence of clients as option Nov 15, 2014

I wouldn't necessarily have chosen this since clients vary, but it was still surprising that clients aren't even mentioned in a poll about business relationships - leaving out the customers with whom we have those relationships.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: My most trusted business relationship is with...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »