Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you prefer to work for foreign or domestic clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Michael Grant
Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 04:08
Japanese to English
Other - N/A Nov 11, 2014

I prefer working with *paying* clients...!

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 04:08
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Domestic clients Nov 11, 2014

In Japan, clients generally pay on time - I've had only a few miscreants in my 30+ years of translating. Touch wood

If a foreign client defaulted I'd be physically hard pressed to collect. At least, with domestic clients here, I'm covered by Japanese law which states that clients are obliged to pay within 60 days of billing which is, in most cases, the end of the calendar month. The norm is generally "billing submitt
... See more
In Japan, clients generally pay on time - I've had only a few miscreants in my 30+ years of translating. Touch wood

If a foreign client defaulted I'd be physically hard pressed to collect. At least, with domestic clients here, I'm covered by Japanese law which states that clients are obliged to pay within 60 days of billing which is, in most cases, the end of the calendar month. The norm is generally "billing submitted at the end of the month/cash payment by bank transfer at the end of the following month."

For those interested, search "shitauke hō" or 下請法(下請代金支払遅延等防止法) in Japanese. HTH

Consecutive posts from 'rare pair' J>E translators. Makes a nice change
Collapse

Rudolf Frans Maulany
Rudolf Frans Maulany  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:08
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Other Nov 11, 2014

No preference.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you prefer to work for foreign or domestic clients?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »