Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Which is generally the least productive working day for you?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:23
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
friday Oct 21, 2014

I get very few job offers on fridays....i may WORK on fridays but usually most job offers come by thursday.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Friday - Sunday Oct 21, 2014

I have found that my clients all take three-day weekends, so I do too! I still do work related things, like updating client lists, accounting, payroll (which is easy since all the money goes to my wife), the blog and now Youtube.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 03:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
How to? Oct 22, 2014

Suzan Hamer wrote:

neilmac wrote:

PS: (Off-topic) : Since I started using Windows 7, everything I write on this website comes up underlined in spellchecker red. Does anybody know how I can switch this irritating function off?

[Edited at 2014-10-21 09:25 GMT]

Perhaps some place you've indicated Spanish? So the spell checker says everything in English is spelled wrong? Or turn off the spell checker? Just a suggestion from a Luddite. FWIW.

That is what I am asking: how can I turn off the spellchecker? I wasn't aware the proz site implemented one.
OK, I've now checked my "general settings" and my native language is set correctly. However, it's still underlining my words in red as I write this. That's another few minutes of time wasted...

[Edited at 2014-10-22 08:59 GMT]

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:23
English
+ ...
ProZ has a spellchecker? Oct 22, 2014

Sorry Neil. I didn't know that. Thought you were talking about your computer's spellchecker... Check with ProZ Support? How annoying...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which is generally the least productive working day for you?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »