Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Always Sep 3, 2014

In agreement with the above, where is the option for always?

564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:17
Danish to English
+ ...
Tricky formatting - not a thing of the past? Sep 4, 2014

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

I love the language part, but what I don't like is tricky formatting
quote]

I just had this little message back from a client who had already acknowledged receipt of a translation:

"P.S. I just noticed you also put the translation into the template, thanks for that".

For a moment, I was baffled as to what she was on about, as all I had done was to run the text through Studio and then check for any unfortunate errors that might have slipped in. The only thing that needed correction was an error from the source text... I'm not saying Studio eliminates any need for post-formatting entirely, but it does go a long way... at least in my experience...

Oh, and by the way, my answer was 'yes, sometimes'... I would be lying if I claimed that I love translating all the time, but I do enjoy it when the texts are interesting and there is plenty of work coming my way...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you enjoy your work?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »