Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: How many invoices do you typically send each month?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Aug 21, 2014

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How many invoices do you typically send each month?".

This poll was originally submitted by Sandrine Zérouali. View the poll results »

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:12
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
6-10 Aug 21, 2014

So far this year my lowest was 4 and my highest was 12.

Rudolf Frans Maulany
Rudolf Frans Maulany  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:12
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Depends on the project Aug 21, 2014

Depends on the client project if it is a long term project usually 1-2 invoices each month if a multiple project more invoices.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:12
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
15 on average this year so far Aug 21, 2014

January: 14
February: 14
March: 12
April: 18
May: 14
June: 13
July: 18

Andrea Jarmuschewski
Andrea Jarmuschewski  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
6 to 10 Aug 21, 2014

Shamelessly copying Teresa's example:

January: 7
February: 12
March: 6
April: 10
May: 9
June: 8
July: 8

Leon Ivanihin
Leon Ivanihin  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:12
English to Russian
6 to 10, but Aug 21, 2014

Actually some of my clients does not require invoices at all, as they automatically are prepared by software on their side. So in these cases my task is just controlling how precisely that automatics works

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Aug 21, 2014

I have one regular client who sends me enough regular work to merit a monthly invoice. I also bill them every 6 months separately for SW strings I translate for them online - the rate is different, as is the modus operandi.

I usually bill the rest of my clients whenever the project/s in question are completed, or at the end of the month said completion took place. Or whenever it suits the client. I try to be as flexible as possible about billing.

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Yetta Jensen Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
Average 15 a month Aug 21, 2014

for this year

[Edited at 2014-08-21 11:13 GMT]

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
5 Aug 21, 2014

The average month brings about 20 jobs and 5 invoices

Working for a small number of regular customers means not just a closer relationship but also less admin and lower bank charges

Not to mention better translations

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
Lots Aug 21, 2014

I do many small jobs and a few huge jobs for different customers.
I always used to send single invoices, but decided the effort was simply too much and now I send just one invoice per customer every week / two weeks depending on the amount.

Usually about 20 per month though

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
1-5 Aug 21, 2014

Mostly to my hard core of agency customers, all jobs grouped into 1 monthly invoice for each.
In 2014 so far, I have sent between 1 and 6 invoices each month, whose amounts have never exceeded €3800.

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 04:12
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Very few Aug 21, 2014

The majority of my customers either have online automated billing or send me the invoices which I have to stamp and send back by PDF. No signatures over here, folks!
Only a very few customers still do things the old fashioned analog way, requiring me to print out, stamp and send.

Either I have very little or absolutely nothing to do, which suits me just fine. And, they all pay on time. For some months, I don't have to send any invoices whatsoever which means I can focus
... See more
The majority of my customers either have online automated billing or send me the invoices which I have to stamp and send back by PDF. No signatures over here, folks!
Only a very few customers still do things the old fashioned analog way, requiring me to print out, stamp and send.

Either I have very little or absolutely nothing to do, which suits me just fine. And, they all pay on time. For some months, I don't have to send any invoices whatsoever which means I can focus 100% on translation. Everything's hunky-dory.
Collapse

Crystal Samples
Crystal Samples  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:12
French to English
+ ...
typically... Aug 21, 2014

I checked 6-10 because over the course of my freelance career this has been my average. However, this year has not been a typical year. I started teaching part-time, which of course has left me less time for translation. So in 2014 the average has been about 4 invoices per month. However, I'm actively trying to bring this number up to what it was before.

-C.S.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
6 - 10 Aug 21, 2014

It could easily be more, but fortunately some of my clients have an online invoice system set up, other have agreed to monthly or bi-monthly invoices, so that I only "have to" send 1 invoice for several jobs. Cuts down admin/accounting time tremendously.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
6-10 Aug 21, 2014

I do lots of little jobs for lots of (little) clients, with a healthy mix of huge projects every so often.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many invoices do you typically send each month?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »