Poll: Have you ever received negative feedback from your clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Aug 4, 2014

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you ever received negative feedback from your clients?".

View the poll results »

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:09
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes, once or twice Aug 4, 2014

I wrote about this yesterday. Sometimes it's helpful, sometimes it isn't.

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Yetta Jensen Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:09
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
No Aug 4, 2014

Never directly, but a couple of times I have wondered, because I never heard from them again.

However, nothing to lose sleep over!

Georgia Morg (X)
Georgia Morg (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:09
Portuguese to English
Once Aug 4, 2014

It was only my second job as a translator and it was, in fact, proofreading. I was mortified at the time but it did teach me to take proof reading seriously, rather than as a bit of a doddle (compared to the REAL work of translating, as I saw it then). The owner of the agency was right; I had missed a lot. He had the decency to pay me my fee without quibbling but I am very aware I should never bid for any of his work again as I must be on some kind of blacklist!!

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:09
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
One client was dissatisfied at first Aug 4, 2014

The nearest I've come was recently, when a direct client didn't think my proofreading was sufficiently thorough. It turned out that they didn't just want a 100% correct text; they wanted me to go through it with a fine-toothed comb for the utmost marketing leverage. They were happy with the second delivery though.

Rudolf Frans Maulany
Rudolf Frans Maulany  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Indonesian
+ ...
No Aug 4, 2014

Worked for 30 years and never received negative feedback from my clients both in translation & interpretation.

[Edited at 2014-08-04 12:30 GMT]

nweatherdon
nweatherdon
Canada
French to English
+ ...
Negative? Or constructive Aug 4, 2014

Negative? Or constructive.

Sometimes you practically have to beg for it.

Alexandranow
Alexandranow  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 12:09
Romanian to English
+ ...
not as translator Aug 4, 2014

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you ever received negative feedback from your clients?".

View the poll results »

I replied once or twice, but was from some agencies that only do selection and use to put you in a data base. ....But did receive some bad feedback while working for amazon.it...........in a winter holiday period ( where is my stuff? and so on)

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Negative feedback...sounds so negative! Aug 4, 2014

It is interesting to note that humans react more strongly to negative anything than to positive anything. No, I don't have the stats or scientific data to prove it.

The word negative is so loaded that I would avoid it in a poll, no less a reason for it than to avoid tainting the results.

Other options:

a) Have you ever received feedback from a client that was less than satisfactory?
b) Have you ever received client feedback that you felt dissat
... See more
It is interesting to note that humans react more strongly to negative anything than to positive anything. No, I don't have the stats or scientific data to prove it.

The word negative is so loaded that I would avoid it in a poll, no less a reason for it than to avoid tainting the results.

Other options:

a) Have you ever received feedback from a client that was less than satisfactory?
b) Have you ever received client feedback that you felt dissatisfied with?
c) Have you ever received client feedback that you felt uncomfortable with?

These options are, in my not so humble opinion, far better and more intelligent.
Collapse

Domagoj
Domagoj
German to Croatian
+ ...
In short... Aug 5, 2014

b) Have you ever received client feedback that you felt dissatisfied with?
c) Have you ever received client feedback that you felt uncomfortable with?

These options are, in my not so humble opinion, far better and more intelligent.

In short, have you ever received negative feedback from your clients...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever received negative feedback from your clients?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »