Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Amir Heydari Bateni
Amir Heydari Bateni  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 13:53
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
My best friend as a Translator Jul 22, 2014

Mine is Babylon Dictionary and My Laptop.
As a matter of fact, they're my life and without them I feel something missing!

claude-andrew
claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:23
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Keyboard to keyboard Jul 26, 2014

My piano and my teapot. Five minutes of Bach and a cup of tea and I'm recharged.

Sundar Gopalakrishnan
Sundar Gopalakrishnan
India
Local time: 15:53
English to Tamil
+ ...
Preferably a female colleague! Jul 27, 2014

Just six options! Very bad. The pollster could have added "Other" atleast.

Coffee or Tea or Sukku Coffee.

Music. Thamizh Isai, Carnatic, Hindustaini, Folk Music, Western Classical, Pop Music, Ravindra Sangeet, Baul Singers, Film Music, Choral Music, Light Music, Vocal, Instrumental, Fusion, Jugalbandhi, etc.

Bhimsen Joshi, Kishori Amonkar (both Hindustani Vocal), M.M.Dhandapani Desikar, Arunachala Kavirayar, Marimutha Pillai, Muthuthandavar, Ooththukkaad
... See more
Just six options! Very bad. The pollster could have added "Other" atleast.

Coffee or Tea or Sukku Coffee.

Music. Thamizh Isai, Carnatic, Hindustaini, Folk Music, Western Classical, Pop Music, Ravindra Sangeet, Baul Singers, Film Music, Choral Music, Light Music, Vocal, Instrumental, Fusion, Jugalbandhi, etc.

Bhimsen Joshi, Kishori Amonkar (both Hindustani Vocal), M.M.Dhandapani Desikar, Arunachala Kavirayar, Marimutha Pillai, Muthuthandavar, Ooththukkaadu Venkatakavi, Papanasam Sivan (Thamizh Music), M.D.Ramanathan, Balamuralikrishna, Maharajapuram Santhanam, Sanjay Subramanian, Sudha Raghunathan, Aruna Sairam, M.S.Subbulakshmi (all belong to Carnatic Vocal), Pushpavanam Kuppusami (Folk Music), Mozart, Beethovan, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky (Western Classical(, Satyajit Ray, Ilaiyaraja, MSV, A.R.Rahman, M.B.Sreenivasan, Rajan Nagendra, Salil Chowdhry, Madan Mohan, S.D. Burman, R.D.Burman, Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar, Shreya Ghosal, Geetha Dutt, Asha, T.M.Soundararajan, PBS, K.J.Yesudoss, SPB, Jolly Abraham, A.M.Raja, P.Susheela, S.Janaki, Vani, Uma Ramanan, Jency, Swarnalatha and others (Film Music), Choral Music (M.B.Sreenivasan), Zahir Hussain, Hariprasad Chowrasia, S,Balachander, Kadri Gopalnath, A.K.C.Natarajan, Kunnakkudi Vaidyanathan, Lalgudi Jayaraman (Instrymental), Fusion (Ravi Sankar).

Only one colleague. Preferably a girl or woman.
Collapse

Bob Kane
Bob Kane
France
Youtube instead of the Radio Aug 24, 2014

Youtube being an incredible source of visual and audio content, before starting a project relating to an unfamiliar subject such as "rigging and sligging" or "big data", I just google for it and then, I start translating my project with some video reportage as audio/video background on my secondary PC screen.

Avdantage : a good way to save some time and avoid reading too much materials to get into the subject

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: …is a translator’s best friend.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »