Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you keep strict business hours?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 00:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
No May 18, 2014

For example, right now it's Sunday evening, 8.45pm and I'm just about to start work on a file a client sent me about an hour ago. This is for a bi-monthly magazine and every 2 months I have a week or so of rather hectic, ad hoc "anything can happen" activity from this particular client. Most of my other regulars usually stick to a Monday-Friday schedule, although they often send me stuff towards the end of the week for delivery on Monday or later the following week. I don't mind, as it is my li... See more
For example, right now it's Sunday evening, 8.45pm and I'm just about to start work on a file a client sent me about an hour ago. This is for a bi-monthly magazine and every 2 months I have a week or so of rather hectic, ad hoc "anything can happen" activity from this particular client. Most of my other regulars usually stick to a Monday-Friday schedule, although they often send me stuff towards the end of the week for delivery on Monday or later the following week. I don't mind, as it is my livelihood and "it keeps me out of the pub".

I claim to provide a translation service 24/7 all year round, and try to live up to it.
Collapse

Helen Hagon
Helen Hagon  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:09
Member (2011)
Russian to English
+ ...
Partly May 18, 2014

My 'core hours' are during school time, when the house is quiet. I do work outside of these hours but the amount of time I have available depends on many factors, and so I do not guarantee to be available to customers at other times.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you keep strict business hours?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »