Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever translated texts from the 19th century or earlier?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 13:22
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes May 5, 2014

Synagogue records from Polish and Russian into English, Polish exile's diaries into Russian.

Well, Latin, Old Church Slavic and Ancient Greek, too, but only as a part of my degree.

[Edited at 2014-05-05 01:04 GMT]

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
You're kidding May 5, 2014

Julian Holmes wrote:

at women who can remember the Battle of Hastings and Queen Boadicea even though a bit of experience is appreciated.

I wouldn't be qualified to read Queen Boadicea, granted she left records. My first-hand appreciation of the original Beowulf is limited to the sound of it.

That said, I'm often called upon to translate quotations from medieval texts. Comes with the history package.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever translated texts from the 19th century or earlier?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »