Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: Generally, do you enjoy proofreading assignments?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Annie Sapucaia
Annie Sapucaia  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:55
French to English
+ ...
Strong dislike Dec 23, 2013

I also don't like proofreading, primarily because it's valued less than translation - and sometimes it's harder! I don't want to get paid half my rate to correct someone else's translation - even if it's a good translation. I'd rather go after actual translation work and make my regular fee. It feels like the cost/benefit ratio isn't worth it.

Not sure about boiling hate, though.

David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
I love it. Jan 25, 2014

Proofreading assignments are some of my favorites. I don't know why but I find it immensely stimulating, relaxing and satisfying to pick through the language and make it better.

The only thing I don't like about it is when I am passed off a terribly written text or one written by a non-native speaker as a professional translator's work. This basically amounts to deception by the agency and I find it uncomfortable to deal with.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Generally, do you enjoy proofreading assignments?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »