Thread poster: TranslationFie
Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 08:23
Member (2011)
English to German
2017 Tax Filing Season Feb 27, 2017

This discussion reminds me that I have until Tuesday, April 18, 2017 to file my 2016 returns and pay any taxes due. I will have to ask my accountant about these new regulations in Europe. I hope she will not charge me extra for this...

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:23
German to English
Don't worry Feb 27, 2017

Marina Steinbach wrote:

This discussion reminds me that I have until Tuesday, April 18, 2017 to file my 2016 returns and pay any taxes due. I will have to ask my accountant about these new regulations in Europe. I hope she will not charge me extra for this...

There aren't any "new regulations" in Europe. At least nothing that you have to worry about. For example, you can continue issuing invoices to your clients in Germany without any Umsatzsteuer, as in the past.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoices from US to Germany - new VAT law

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »