eliper
Switzerland
Local time: 02:32
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 29, 2017

Salve,

ancora un post sulle tariffe:-)
Il mio dubbio è che vivo in Svizzera, dove il costo della vita è piuttosto alto e le tariffe di conseguenza. Per ora lavoro con agenzie, e con quelle italiane ovviamente non riesco a spuntare lo stesso prezzo. Ora, il mio dubbio è come comportarmi in caso di contatto da parte di un cliente finale fuori Svizzera.

Ho letto in un forum che la tariffa dipende dal paese di resi
... See more
Salve,

ancora un post sulle tariffe:-)
Il mio dubbio è che vivo in Svizzera, dove il costo della vita è piuttosto alto e le tariffe di conseguenza. Per ora lavoro con agenzie, e con quelle italiane ovviamente non riesco a spuntare lo stesso prezzo. Ora, il mio dubbio è come comportarmi in caso di contatto da parte di un cliente finale fuori Svizzera.

Ho letto in un forum che la tariffa dipende dal paese di residenza del cliente.

http://www.proz.com/forum/italian/143926-tariffe_traduzioni_dallinglese_verso_litaliano.html

Me lo confermate? In questo caso come fare, chiedere al cliente dove risiede prima di fargli un preventivo?

Grazie
Collapse

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Address Jan 30, 2017

Shouldn't you always find out a prospective client's full address before sending them a quote? If only to be sure it's not a scammer? People without an address are more than suspicious.

Edit: Personally, I don't have different prices for clients in different countries, because I have to buy my food where I live and not where the client lives, but I don't have a strong opinion on this. Probably a question of supply and demand - if you can get enough high-paying jobs, you might not be
... See more
Shouldn't you always find out a prospective client's full address before sending them a quote? If only to be sure it's not a scammer? People without an address are more than suspicious.

Edit: Personally, I don't have different prices for clients in different countries, because I have to buy my food where I live and not where the client lives, but I don't have a strong opinion on this. Probably a question of supply and demand - if you can get enough high-paying jobs, you might not be inclined to accept lower-paying ones, whatever the reason for the rates.

[Edited at 2017-01-30 00:10 GMT]
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Your choice, but... Jan 30, 2017

In my opinion, you have to set rates based on your expectations and needs. If you want to consider other aspects, I believe it would make more sense to take into account the target language (i.e. the target audience/market), rather than where the client is based... In other words, if an Indian or Chinese agency asks you to translate EN>IT (it or ch), should you be charging an "Eastern rate", even if those agencies are probably just outsourcing work from a Western end-client and the translation i... See more
In my opinion, you have to set rates based on your expectations and needs. If you want to consider other aspects, I believe it would make more sense to take into account the target language (i.e. the target audience/market), rather than where the client is based... In other words, if an Indian or Chinese agency asks you to translate EN>IT (it or ch), should you be charging an "Eastern rate", even if those agencies are probably just outsourcing work from a Western end-client and the translation is going to be used on Western markets? That would just mean playing into their hands (for no good reason)...Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tariffe - residenza cliente

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »