Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:04
French to English
Yes Dec 5, 2016

Teresa Borges wrote:

Annamaria Amik wrote:

Jenny Forbes wrote:
Maybe I'll send an invoice for the short payments, I haven't decided yet.

From an accounting point of view, you can't send another invoice for the missing items. That would mean invoicing them twice, and as a result, she would owe you twice the differences.
Her debt is already certain and due - you sent her an invoice, she accepted it, paid it partially. Now SHE needs to pay the rest.

But you could send her a reminder listing all the missing amounts.
Here in Romania often (always? not sure) companies send each other such reminders or statements at the end of the year, asking the recipient company to confirm that such amount was outstanding at the end of the year. You could send it at the end of the quarter.
E.g. Notice of amounts outstanding/unpaid. As at 31 Dec, based on my accounts and invoices issued and sent to you, you owe me the following amounts: ...

... but you can issue a debit note for each difference...

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:04
French to English
Precisely Dec 5, 2016

Lori Cirefice wrote:

I'm not sure about the tax situation in your country Jenny, but in mine, it would be a problem to receive short payments. Especially if the total value over a year was significant. You might just want to check with your accountant to be sure there isn't something you need to do to prevent any future fiscal woes.

Exactly. Payment in and invoice issued have to match.

Sorry that I have multiposted here. This sort of behaviour on the part of clients annoys me. The client is not behaving honestly. it is one thing to make a mistake, but deliberatly selling a translator short is morally not acceptable and admisntratively, a nightmare, particularly in the event of a routine check. Glad this one's on the BB.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 13:01 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client makes unexplained deductions from invoices

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »