Translation fee
Thread poster: Anna777
Anna777
Anna777
Armenia
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 15, 2014

Please tell me what your average price per A4 size paper (1800 characters) in 12 pts font. The language pair is Armenian-English, Russian-English

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 12:23
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Average rates in your pairs Dec 15, 2014

I think you'll find there is already a system on ProZ.com where you can consult average rates — I'm not sure quite where, exactly, but you ought to be able to find it via the FAQ or searching in 'Help'.

Yes, look, here it is:

http://search.proz.com/?sp=pfe/rates

You ought to be able to find the right sort of information there — though do please note that man
... See more
I think you'll find there is already a system on ProZ.com where you can consult average rates — I'm not sure quite where, exactly, but you ought to be able to find it via the FAQ or searching in 'Help'.

Yes, look, here it is:

http://search.proz.com/?sp=pfe/rates

You ought to be able to find the right sort of information there — though do please note that many rates are quoted per word; I don't know about your languages, but I always reckon about 300 words / page on average.

[Modifié le 2014-12-15 14:14 GMT]
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 13:23
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Rate per Word Dec 15, 2014

I always give my rates per word. I never give them per character. I think the rate information given in ProZ is an excellent guide. They give a range rather than a specific rate. That way, you can determine your own rate based on that range. I think the international norm is to give rates per word rather than per character. At least, it is more meaningful, and makes more sense to me.

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Poland
Local time: 12:23
English to Polish
+ ...
Hi, Anna, Dec 16, 2014

Anna777 wrote:

Please tell me what your average price per A4 size paper (1800 characters) in 12 pts font. The language pair is Armenian-English, Russian-English

A4 size and font size is irrelevant, only characters (always incl.spaces!) or words (sometimes also other units) count.

Andrea P.
Andrea P.
Philippines
Local time: 18:23
Tagalog to Cebuano (Bisayan)
Which is better? Dec 17, 2014

Hi! For those who have already tried it, which is better, charging clients per word? or per hour? Can you provide pros and cons?

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:23
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
By the hour Dec 17, 2014

Andrea P. wrote:

Hi! For those who have already tried it, which is better, charging clients per word? or per hour? Can you provide pros and cons?

Personally, I never charge by the hour. If I did, my clients would think I'm making too much!

Andrea P.
Andrea P.
Philippines
Local time: 18:23
Tagalog to Cebuano (Bisayan)
Thanks John! Dec 17, 2014

John Fossey wrote:

Andrea P. wrote:

Personally, I never charge by the hour. If I did, my clients would think I'm making too much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation fee

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »