Retrieving case-insensitive translation results
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 14:56
German to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2017

Although I have set "no case sensitivity" for "New term defaults..." for my termbase, I still cannot retrieve entries unless the case matches, for example, termbase entry "Schriftgröße = Font size" requires that I enter "F" to retrieve the complete term, in this case "Font size", entering "f" retrieves no results.
Do I need to make so other setting?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:56
Danish to English
+ ...
Have you checked Adriatic just out? Feb 28, 2017

I seem to remember that behaviour too. It will display a TB match, but if you start typing, it will only match if the case matches, case setting or not.

Maybe it has been fixed in the new Adriatic version just out.

My solution is to keep target TB entries in lower case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Retrieving case-insensitive translation results

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »