Processing Index Tokens from Adobe Framemaker in memoQ
Thread poster: alainabran
alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 14:17
Spanish to English
Feb 22, 2017

Hi all,

I'm processing a Framemaker manual with an index and tokens throughout the body copy linking back to the index. We've worked with a similar manual in the past, and had each of the tokens in the body copy translated and then had to manually verify that each was translated consistently so that we would not get any added dubplicate entries in the target index once re-generated. This added time to our review stage to manually check each of the tokens. Are there any filters avail
... See more
Hi all,

I'm processing a Framemaker manual with an index and tokens throughout the body copy linking back to the index. We've worked with a similar manual in the past, and had each of the tokens in the body copy translated and then had to manually verify that each was translated consistently so that we would not get any added dubplicate entries in the target index once re-generated. This added time to our review stage to manually check each of the tokens. Are there any filters available in memoQ that would allow for index tokens in inline copy to be excluded from the word count? Any other solutions for processing tokens efficiently?

Thank you,
Alaina
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 22:17
Create a Cascading filter Feb 26, 2017

Same advice as I gave you for translating the files in Studio, except for the fact that memoQ offers a built-in solution: Cascading filters, see:

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/add_cascading_filter_dialog.html?zoom_highlightsub=cascading

[Edited at 2017-02-26 09:29 GMT]

alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 14:17
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Unchecked "Import index markers" Feb 26, 2017

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I clicked "Import with options" to bring the MIF files into memoQ, and then under "Change filter and configuration," I unchecked "Import index markers" and this excluded the index markers from the content for translation.

[Edited at 2017-02-26 21:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Processing Index Tokens from Adobe Framemaker in memoQ

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »