Omer Shani  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:38
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 18, 2017

Hi guys and girls.

I got an xliff file from a client who wants to localize their website.

The website is a WordPress based.

While importing it, I saw the following text/characters:

bg-gray.jpg" transparent_background="off" allow_player_pause="off" inner_shadow="off" parallax="off" parallax_method="off" padding_mobile="off" make_fullwidth="off" use_custom_width="off" width_unit="on" make_equal="off" use_custom_gutter="off" gutter_width="3"][et_p
... See more
Hi guys and girls.

I got an xliff file from a client who wants to localize their website.

The website is a WordPress based.

While importing it, I saw the following text/characters:

bg-gray.jpg" transparent_background="off" allow_player_pause="off" inner_shadow="off" parallax="off" parallax_method="off" padding_mobile="off" make_fullwidth="off" use_custom_width="off" width_unit="on" make_equal="off" use_custom_gutter="off" gutter_width="3"][et_pb_row admin_label="row" make_fullwidth="off" use_custom_width="off" width_unit="on" use_custom_gutter="off" gutter_width="3" custom_padding="110px||20px|" padding_mobile="off" allow_player_pause="off" parallax="off" parallax_method="off" make_equal="off" parallax_1="off" parallax_method_1="off" column_padding_mobile="on"][et_pb_column type="4_4"][et_pb_text admin_label="Title" background_layout="light" text_orientation="left" text_font_size="60" use_border_color="off" border_color="#ffffff"
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label="Row" make_fullwidth="off" use_custom_width="off" width_unit="on" use_custom_gutter="on" gutter_width= padding_mobile="off" allow_player_pause="off" parallax="off" parallax_method="off" make_equal="off" parallax_1="off" parallax_method_1="off" parallax_2="off" parallax_method_2="off" parallax_3="off" parallax_method_3="off"

Now, I know it is not required for translation, but even after activating Regex Tagger, I could not isolate it from the text for translation, due to the letters, numbers.

Q1: Is there any way to mark a text like this as non for translation, and to be able to count only what is required for translation?
Q2: If you can share a piece of advise to the website admin, how to properly export xliff without the unnecessary text, it'd be awesome.

Thanks a lot

Omer
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regex for WMPL exported xliff

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »