simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:03
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2017

Hi everyone,

Suddenly have a problem with MemoQ, which doesn't let me either import new files or export completed ones. In either case I get an error message telling me the process is unable to access a file in the \AppData\Local\Temp\mq\ directory, because it "is in use by another process." The following is an example:

"Il processo non può accedere al file 'C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\istorafd89a7d-6b6f-4f29-b4c9-a477a97e5df0\foundCommentIds' perché è in us
... See more
Hi everyone,

Suddenly have a problem with MemoQ, which doesn't let me either import new files or export completed ones. In either case I get an error message telling me the process is unable to access a file in the \AppData\Local\Temp\mq\ directory, because it "is in use by another process." The following is an example:

"Il processo non può accedere al file 'C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\istorafd89a7d-6b6f-4f29-b4c9-a477a97e5df0\foundCommentIds' perché è in uso da un altro processo."

Have tried closing all other programs and rebooting the computer, but to no avail...

This has basically crippled me, so would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:03
German to English
+ ...
This is one of miracles of MemoQ Jan 16, 2017

I have not encountered this problem regarding "Import" but know it from "export". In these cases, the only solution known to me is to export bilingual file in RTF and then make docx file from bilingual one.

[Edited at 2017-01-16 10:22 GMT]

simon tanner
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for the partial solution Maija Jan 16, 2017

Maija Cirule wrote:

I have not encountered this problem regarding "Import" but know it from "export". In these cases, the only solution known to me is to export bilingual file in RTF and then make docx file from bilingual one.

Thanks Maija, that does seem to work. At least if I can't solve the problem any other way, I know I can recover work already done, which is a relief!
There must be a way of solving the problem permanently though, I imagine, since something has clearly gone wrong with the software...

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
Try to submit ticket to MemoQ support team Jan 16, 2017

simon tanner wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Thanks Maija, that does seem to work. At least if I can't solve the problem any other way, I know I can recover work already done, which is a relief!
There must be a way of solving the problem permanently though, I imagine, since something has clearly gone wrong with the software...

and don't forget to mark the problem as "critical" otherwise they'll answer after a couple of months:)

By the way, this problem usually vanishes on its own. There is no way how to export a particular document but next one can be exported without any issues.

[Edited at 2017-01-16 11:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-01-16 11:22 GMT]

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
is it importing now? Jan 16, 2017

simon tanner wrote:

MemoQ, which doesn't let me either import new files or

Have you managed to import a new file yet? Otherwise I suppose I could give a hand in the meantime by converting the source file into something it will read, MQXLIFF or bilingual RTF etc.

simon tanner
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
bilingual rtf import does seem to work Jan 16, 2017

Anthony Green wrote:

simon tanner wrote:

Have you managed to import a new file yet? Otherwise I suppose I could give a hand in the meantime by converting the source file into something it will read, MQXLIFF or bilingual RTF etc.

Hi Anthony, yes, I know you're an expert on MQ, and you are right in assuming it will import a bilingual rtf (I just tried with one I already had from a previous translation)... But how do I create a bilingual rtf from a monolingual source text? Thanks for any help...

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
Sorry if this sounds silly Jan 16, 2017

simon tanner wrote:

Anthony Green wrote:

simon tanner wrote:

Hi Anthony, yes, I know you're an expert on MQ, and you are right in assuming it will import a bilingual rtf (I just tried with one I already had from a previous translation)... But how do I create a bilingual rtf from a monolingual source text? Thanks for any help...

but the docx files can be imported by clicking on "New Project" or have I misunderstood something? I am a computer idiot. alas, but I think that importing mostly concerns .tmx files or Termbases.

[Edited at 2017-01-16 12:06 GMT]

simon tanner
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
importing file for translation, not TMX Jan 16, 2017

Hi Maija,
no, the problem is importing a fle for translation into a project I already have set up...

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Clean Temp folder Jan 17, 2017

Close memoQ, delete all files from the "\AppData\Local\Temp" folder, reboot the computer and try again.
Maybe memoQ forgot to close or delete some temporary files or maybe it tries to create TMP file with the same name in the temporary folder.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when trying to import or export files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »