Zeki Güler
Zeki Güler  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:58
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2016

Hi all,

My customer e-mailed me rar version of the file I had translated, after it is proofread. They want me to accept/decline changes made by the reviewer. But I can't even open this file format.

How can I proceed to open and import this file and then work on it as a reviewer?
This will be my first review task on memoq. Would appreciate simple and step by step advice.

Best,
Zeki

[Edited at 2016-12-04 18:25 GMT]

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:58
English to Russian
+ ...
RAR is a compressed package Dec 4, 2016

Simply extract the contents of the package by using WinRar, WinZip, 7zip or any other similar archiving software.
Then proceed as normal.

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
A RAR file is a compressed one Dec 4, 2016

Zeki Guler a écrit :

But I can't even open this file format.

A RAR file is a compressed file. So you just have to uncompress it with an utility like WinRar, WinZip, 7-Zip or similar.

Then you obtain one or more uncompressed file(s) and work with as usual. I have no advice how to work with MemoQ.

With regards

[Modifié le 2016-12-04 18:38 GMT]

Zeki Güler
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Shall I import as a new project? Dec 4, 2016

I did not do reviewing on Memoq before.

I had translated this file on Memoq. Shall I make use of it or shall I import the proofred files as a new project?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
New topic Dec 5, 2016

Zeki Guler wrote:
I did not do reviewing on Memoq before.
I had translated this file on Memoq. Shall I make use of it or shall I import the proofred files as a new project?

I suggest you post a new topic with this question, because it differs from the one in thread description. Most people who visit this thread will be people who know what to do with a RAR file.

Zeki Güler
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 5, 2016

Thank you all,

I will post it with a new title, as Samual advised.

Best,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open, import and review rar file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »