Omer Shani  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:23
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 21, 2016

Hi all,

I've assigned two translators, working on the same file, by splitting the file into almost identical parts.

One of the translators encounters a problem, that she can't type her translation, even though it is open for translation and not locked.

She can type her translation in other parts of the file itself.

I can't seem to find a solution for it on the web, is that something you have encountered with it so far?

We are using
... See more
Hi all,

I've assigned two translators, working on the same file, by splitting the file into almost identical parts.

One of the translators encounters a problem, that she can't type her translation, even though it is open for translation and not locked.

She can type her translation in other parts of the file itself.

I can't seem to find a solution for it on the web, is that something you have encountered with it so far?

We are using memoQ server 2015, build 158

Thank you for your answers

Omer Shani
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Did you split the memoq file or the original file? Oct 24, 2016

Omar,

Regarding your Problem with split [not splitted] file, you aren't saying whether you distributed a memoq file or the original file.

Do your translators use memoq? In that case, I would suggest you split the original file (Word, etc.) and redistribute it.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with splitted file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »