Thread poster: Maciej Czerniakowski
Maciej Czerniakowski
Maciej Czerniakowski
Poland
Local time: 01:41
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 2, 2015

I had a computer crash when I was working on my current project. I've got three projects in my history and can open two of them (finished ones). The current project will not open though. I don't get any message. It just won't open. Any help?

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
Check your TM Aug 2, 2015

Re-create the project that won't open and apply your TM to it to recover your progress. Hopefully it's intact.

Maciej Czerniakowski
Maciej Czerniakowski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Aug 2, 2015

That's exactly what I did. I got it all back from my TM!

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
It happens Aug 3, 2015

Sometimes it happens in case of abnormal MemoQ termination (power failure, PC reset). You can't open projects, documents and sometimes even start the program. I don't know the reason, but it happens.

I've been making new projects, re-importing documents and even reinstalling the memoQ completely several times. But TM is usually ok and I've been able to restore everything quite quickly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't load a current project after a crash

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »