Juan Pablo Sans
Juan Pablo Sans  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 29, 2015

Hello guys,

I hope you are OK. I would like to know some things: how does the autopropagation work in MemoQ?

I need it for the following:

1.- I have a Master file where I will constantly need to take the content from to give it away for translation.

2.- Then, when translators come back with their different locales, I need to merge the translated content into the Master file, which might have been updated in the meantime.

3.- There
... See more
Hello guys,

I hope you are OK. I would like to know some things: how does the autopropagation work in MemoQ?

I need it for the following:

1.- I have a Master file where I will constantly need to take the content from to give it away for translation.

2.- Then, when translators come back with their different locales, I need to merge the translated content into the Master file, which might have been updated in the meantime.

3.- Therefore, I need the TM in order to store the data from the original file and then been able to autopropagate it in the new version of the file, alongside the localised strings.

Any idea on how to do that?

Cheers
Collapse

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 09:05
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reimporting the source Jun 30, 2015

Hi Juan Pablo,

I believe what you need is the Reimport and X-translate functionality of memoQ. That imports a new source version and propagates any previous translations into it.

István

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Testing autopropagation and others

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »