Wordcount - New Segments Similar To Each Other
Thread poster: Vadim Shirkozhukhov
Vadim Shirkozhukhov
Vadim Shirkozhukhov
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:39
English to Russian
Jan 30, 2015

I'm trying to find a way to count new segments in more meaningful way. I'm currently using MemoQ 2014. The problem with the wordcount is that the program counts every new segment (all of them) as new even if these segments are very similar to each other.
As a simplified example, assuming I have a file with two just two segments (not in the TM):
"He is a certified public accountant in the US. She is a certified public accountant in the US, too."
The wordcount would count these
... See more
I'm trying to find a way to count new segments in more meaningful way. I'm currently using MemoQ 2014. The problem with the wordcount is that the program counts every new segment (all of them) as new even if these segments are very similar to each other.
As a simplified example, assuming I have a file with two just two segments (not in the TM):
"He is a certified public accountant in the US. She is a certified public accountant in the US, too."
The wordcount would count these as two new segments even if normally the second segment is a 80-90% fuzzy match. Is there a way to get this kind of statistical information, which would be very useful to evaluate time requirements for large projects?
Collapse

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:39
English to Russian
+ ...
Homogeneity Jan 31, 2015

Simply select the Homogeneity check-box when you run statistics.

Vadim Shirkozhukhov
Vadim Shirkozhukhov
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:39
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 2, 2015

Great advice! Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordcount - New Segments Similar To Each Other

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »