Thread poster: Claire Fumoleau-Itani
Claire Fumoleau-Itani
Claire Fumoleau-Itani  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:36
English to French
+ ...
Oct 20, 2014

Hi there,

This post is directly related to the one I just wrote.
Despite sending twice the same email in 3 months to MemoQ Support, I never had any reply.

As part of the package I bought, I am entitled to a certain number of free support hours - which I have not used fully - and since I was stuck early on with the hurdles I described in the post I've just written here - I sought MemoQ Support's help. But never got any.

Does anybody know how to file a
... See more
Hi there,

This post is directly related to the one I just wrote.
Despite sending twice the same email in 3 months to MemoQ Support, I never had any reply.

As part of the package I bought, I am entitled to a certain number of free support hours - which I have not used fully - and since I was stuck early on with the hurdles I described in the post I've just written here - I sought MemoQ Support's help. But never got any.

Does anybody know how to file a formal complaint with MemoQ about the poor support service I have experienced?

Many thanks in advance,
Kind regards,

Claire
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
memoQ support is usually very good Oct 20, 2014

Hi Claire,

memoQ support is usually very good, so I wonder what happened in your particular case.

I'd ask in the memoQ mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/memoQ/info

Michael

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:36
Member (2004)
Surprised Oct 20, 2014

I'm really surprised too, it's always been one of the great things about MemoQ in my opinion. There has to be an explanation... did you submit the request via their site?

Claire Fumoleau-Itani
Claire Fumoleau-Itani  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you + extra information Oct 20, 2014

Thank you for your comment.

Well, I am surprised too since an urgent and debilitating functionality crisis was dealt with swiftly & professionally by the support team in July.

However, it seems that my request to be granted help with functionalities was not rated important enough.
I emailed support:
- on 16 September voicing my disappointment - no reply.
- on 20 Jul [#APD-930-93480] & 10 sept [#IBO-741-62558]) - automatic reply confirming safe receipt
... See more
Thank you for your comment.

Well, I am surprised too since an urgent and debilitating functionality crisis was dealt with swiftly & professionally by the support team in July.

However, it seems that my request to be granted help with functionalities was not rated important enough.
I emailed support:
- on 16 September voicing my disappointment - no reply.
- on 20 Jul [#APD-930-93480] & 10 sept [#IBO-741-62558]) - automatic reply confirming safe receipt of requests then no reply.

Not long ago, I posted a topic also asking for details of the team dealing with complaints on MemoQ Yahoo Group (joined in July hoping to find answers to my requests) - funny enough I never saw it ... was it "edited out"?

Anyway, not a happy customer here...

Many thanks for your help,
Kind regards,

Claire
Collapse

Marton Horvath
Marton Horvath
Slow support reply Oct 20, 2014

Hi Claire,

I checked your tickets and found that you have submitted them into the feature request queue. When creating a ticket directly in our support system, you can choose from "support" and "feature request". Feature requests are not monitored the same way support tickets are, but i do understand that this might be confusing, so we will look into this, and find a way to guide our users to the correct forum.

In any case, if you do not receive a timely answer, you can
... See more
Hi Claire,

I checked your tickets and found that you have submitted them into the feature request queue. When creating a ticket directly in our support system, you can choose from "support" and "feature request". Feature requests are not monitored the same way support tickets are, but i do understand that this might be confusing, so we will look into this, and find a way to guide our users to the correct forum.

In any case, if you do not receive a timely answer, you can always mail us directly from your mail client at [email protected]

I hope this helps,

Márton Horváth
Support Manager at Kilgray
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:36
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Usually fast response Oct 20, 2014

I've always found that an email to [email protected] gets fast response, usually within a few hours and sometimes within minutes. And the response is often not from a customer service rep but from one of the application engineers themselves.

Angus Cameron
Angus Cameron  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Where has Kilgray support gone? Dec 21, 2016

I asked for support on 20 December because I couldn't access Linguee from memoQ2015. I got a reply at 11 pm (!) asking how I was using it (Ctrl F3, as usual). I replied next morning. It's now 18:43 on 21 December and I still haven't had a reply. This was an urgent request because the translation was due today. Fortunately the client accepted a translation made without memoQ, but they expect translations to be sent back to their memoQ server. Support in the past has been excellent. Are they havin... See more
I asked for support on 20 December because I couldn't access Linguee from memoQ2015. I got a reply at 11 pm (!) asking how I was using it (Ctrl F3, as usual). I replied next morning. It's now 18:43 on 21 December and I still haven't had a reply. This was an urgent request because the translation was due today. Fortunately the client accepted a translation made without memoQ, but they expect translations to be sent back to their memoQ server. Support in the past has been excellent. Are they having internal problems, I have to wonder.Collapse

Natasha Ziada (X)
Natasha Ziada (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same issue as Angus Dec 31, 2016

I just posted about a similar issue with Web Search and the lack of response from memoQ. Hopefully someone will get back to us soon as it's really quite frustrating!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make a complaint to MemoQ about its poor support follow-up

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »