Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:33
German to French
+ ...
Apr 7, 2014

Dear colleagues,

For those interested, you can download following translation memories for free:

- Appendix II MedDRA (version 12.0, 09/02/2010) translation memories (to be used in Section 4.8 “Undesirable effects” of SmPC) - into 23 languages, but they are still being uploaded - see here<
... See more
Dear colleagues,

For those interested, you can download following translation memories for free:

- Appendix II MedDRA (version 12.0, 09/02/2010) translation memories (to be used in Section 4.8 “Undesirable effects” of SmPC) - into 23 languages, but they are still being uploaded - see here

- Translation memories extracted and cleaned from the TM of the ECDC (European Center for Disease Prevention and Control) in various language pairs - click here.

If you are interested in helping clean out and check a TM for your language pair(s), let us know

Regards,
Anne

[Edited at 2014-04-07 13:17 GMT]
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Great news! Apr 7, 2014

Thanks for sharing the news about these TMs, Anne.

Having Appendix II in TM format is really important because it ensures consistency and correct use of SOC headings.

I created my own Sp>En version a couple of years ago, but for anyone who hasn't done it, this new resource is a great help.

I was going to mention creating a TM out of the EMA bilingual table in the webinar I'm giving for Alexandria in May: <
... See more
Thanks for sharing the news about these TMs, Anne.

Having Appendix II in TM format is really important because it ensures consistency and correct use of SOC headings.

I created my own Sp>En version a couple of years ago, but for anyone who hasn't done it, this new resource is a great help.

I was going to mention creating a TM out of the EMA bilingual table in the webinar I'm giving for Alexandria in May: http://alexandria-translation-resources.com/product/medical-translation-102-ema-templates/
but now I can just point attendees to your new resource!
Collapse

Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Anne Apr 7, 2014

Unfortunately, I have encountered a problem in importing the English-Italian TM, because it says "The TMX file cannot be processed since an unknown TMX attribute was encountered".
I have tried both in Studio 2014 and 2007, but I got the same error.
Did I make something wrong?

Eveline Krause
Eveline Krause  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Anna! Apr 7, 2014

Great support! With kind regards, Eveline

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Might be a known problem Apr 7, 2014

Dear Bruno,
this might be a problem with Trados, we have seen it before. We used a SDL tool to create the TMs and they work fine in Studio 2011. They also load fine in Olifant. I'll try Trados 2007 and Trados 2014, but I won't be able to get back to you tonight.

[Edited at 2014-04-07 19:51 GMT]

Audrey Bernard-Petitjean
Audrey Bernard-Petitjean
France
Member (2008)
English to French
Thank you very much for sharing... Apr 8, 2014

... this information, Anne.

However, I downloaded the English into French TM and when uploaded in Wordfast Classic, the TM is empty!

Is Trados mandatory to open these TMs, which are under .tmx format?

Best regards,
Audrey

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
TMX - standard Apr 8, 2014

As I already mentioned, the TMs were created using a SDL tool. After creating the TMs each individual TM was opened in Olifant to check it. - They are not empty. The lesson we are learning here is, that the TMX standard seems to be less a standard than expected.

We are currently investigating what can be done, to make these TMs (and the hundreds of TMs that are still in our pipeline) usable by more tools. The aim is to provide you with TMs that can be used in all or at least all maj
... See more
As I already mentioned, the TMs were created using a SDL tool. After creating the TMs each individual TM was opened in Olifant to check it. - They are not empty. The lesson we are learning here is, that the TMX standard seems to be less a standard than expected.

We are currently investigating what can be done, to make these TMs (and the hundreds of TMs that are still in our pipeline) usable by more tools. The aim is to provide you with TMs that can be used in all or at least all major tools.

It might take some time, as we also have some other work to do and finding a solution that can be applied to batches of files will require some research and testing. If anybody knows a solution, just let us know, we do appreciate any input.
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Workaround Apr 8, 2014

I found a workaround.

Loading the file in Olifant and saving it under a different name, produces a file that can be loaded in Trados 2007 (but not in Trados 2014).

I than opened the file in an editor and deleted >segtype=""< in line 3 (the header). This file could easily be converted in Trados 2014. The files now also work in Wordfast Classic.

We are trying to find a permanent solution to produce TMX files that work in all versions.

We are no
... See more
I found a workaround.

Loading the file in Olifant and saving it under a different name, produces a file that can be loaded in Trados 2007 (but not in Trados 2014).

I than opened the file in an editor and deleted >segtype=""< in line 3 (the header). This file could easily be converted in Trados 2014. The files now also work in Wordfast Classic.

We are trying to find a permanent solution to produce TMX files that work in all versions.

We are now updating all files (>500) and will start making them available asap.

[Edited at 2014-04-08 13:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-08 13:47 GMT]
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Files now checked in Trados 2007/2011/2014 and Wordfast Classic Apr 18, 2014

We changed the production workflow and our tests suggest that the files are now working in the above mentioned environments. We were not yet able to test them in other environments but will do so in the future. If you have problems opening/using the files, just let me know. This will help us to improve them further.

Currently, the following language pairs are available for Appendix II MedDRA terms:

From Bulgarian
From Czech
From Danish
From English... See more
We changed the production workflow and our tests suggest that the files are now working in the above mentioned environments. We were not yet able to test them in other environments but will do so in the future. If you have problems opening/using the files, just let me know. This will help us to improve them further.

Currently, the following language pairs are available for Appendix II MedDRA terms:

From Bulgarian
From Czech
From Danish
From English
From Estonian
From Finnish
From Latvian
From Lithuanian
From Maltese
From Norwegian
From Polish
From Portuguese
From Romanian
From Slovak
From Slovene
From Spanish
From Swedish

INTO all European languages except Croatian.

You can fined them under TMs at http://alexandria-translation-resources.com/resources-for-translation-providers/

[Edited at 2014-04-18 05:43 GMT]
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
More language pairs added Apr 22, 2014

We added the following language pairs

From French
From German
From Greek
From Hungarian
From Icelandic
From Italian
From Dutch

[Edited at 2014-04-22 09:37 GMT]

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
EMA Templates – Names of EU-EEA countries - free Glossaries Apr 24, 2014

The EMA specified the translations of the names of the Euorpean Union / European Economic Area countries that are to be used in PIL/SPCs in document WC500004445.pdf (see http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/regulation/document_listing/document_listing_000254.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058008c34c)

... See more
The EMA specified the translations of the names of the Euorpean Union / European Economic Area countries that are to be used in PIL/SPCs in document WC500004445.pdf (see http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/regulation/document_listing/document_listing_000254.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058008c34c)

You can find the free glossaries in TBX and Excel format for all (> 500) European Language pairs (except Croatian) under Glossaries > Names of EU-EEA countries (EMA-Templates)

http://alexandria-translation-resources.com/resources-for-translation-providers/
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
EMA Templates - Appendix III – Storage requirements TMs Apr 28, 2014

Fresh from our production line, a new set of free TMS to add to our Appendix II (MedDRA) TMs and our glossaries with the EMA specified names of the EU country names. All the files are free, available at http://alexandria-translation-resources.com/ under Translation Resources.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EMA Templates Appendix II MedDRA + ECDC translation memories

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »