Thread poster: Lloyd Bingham
Lloyd Bingham
Lloyd Bingham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:07
French to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2016

I am a tutor on ITI's Setting Up as a Freelance Translator course. The course will start again this September and I'm currently updating my notes for my module entitled 'Promoting yourself and engaging with the industry online'.

To help validate and update the advice I give, I'd be incredibly grateful if you could find time to take a very brief survey on what role your online presence plays in your success as a translator. There are only 5 questions, all multiple choice.

... See more
I am a tutor on ITI's Setting Up as a Freelance Translator course. The course will start again this September and I'm currently updating my notes for my module entitled 'Promoting yourself and engaging with the industry online'.

To help validate and update the advice I give, I'd be incredibly grateful if you could find time to take a very brief survey on what role your online presence plays in your success as a translator. There are only 5 questions, all multiple choice.

The aim is to evaluate what media/platforms freelance translators are using for professional purposes in 2016, with a focus on identifying which are useful for attracting clients and which are useful for engaging with colleagues (for advice, terminology queries, social aspects, etc.). It would be interesting to see how much or little crossover there is here.

There is then a free text box for any comments you may wish to make on your approach to using media/platforms to promote your business and attract clients. I'd be interested to hear how much of your workload/income you can attribute to your online presence (clients who found you online, translators you met online who referred you, etc.).

No need to enter your name or any other personal details so all data is anonymised but it will help to train the next generation.

The link is here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FJGR25T

Any questions, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Well, I'm not sure what good it will do you Jul 26, 2016

I think I answered the same to (almost) all questions! But maybe the comments in the text box will be useful.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:07
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Done... Jul 28, 2016

...the day before yesterday, and bumping this post today!

Lloyd Bingham
Lloyd Bingham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks both... Aug 2, 2016

much appreciated

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey on translators' online presence

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »