The best English-Russian Legal Dictionary?
Thread poster: Weronika Urszula Trzop-Bhatia
Weronika Urszula Trzop-Bhatia
United Kingdom
Polish to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2014

Dear Fellows Translators!

Could anyone recommend good and valuable bilingual and monolingual dictionaries of law? (Russian-English / Russian / English). Either accessible on Amazon paper version or the e-version.

Thank you in advance!

Weronika

The Misha
The Misha
Local time: 04:43
Russian to English
+ ...
There aren't any Nov 23, 2014

All you could possibly need is on multitran and google, but you really need to be able to separate the chaff from the wheat. And learning how to do that takes, well, half a lifetime.

[Edited at 2014-11-23 21:51 GMT]

United Kingdom
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
? Nov 23, 2014

That is not answer to my question. I did not ask if there are any dictionaries but WHICH dictionaries are the best.Thanks for trying to be helpful.

Galya G.
Galya G.
Italy
Local time: 10:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Maybe abby dictionaries Nov 24, 2014

I just bought the professional ABBYY Lingvo x6 and it has a legal dictionary inside. I don't want to make any kind of advertisement, but the old version I've used was helpful (though I can't say anything yet about this one, just got it). Have a look at their web site, there is a list of dictionaries they put inside.

cheers,

Galya

United Kingdom
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ABBYY Nov 24, 2014

Galya Guseva, thank you for your hint! I will look into it.

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:43
French to English
+ ...
Probably not ABBYY Nov 24, 2014

I haven't seen ABBYY Lingvo's legal dictionary, but I don't trust them as a publisher, as their general-purpose dictionaries are the worst kind of garbage I've ever seen.

ManuelFall
ManuelFall
Australia
Local time: 18:13
Russian to English
+ ...
Final suggestion Mar 30, 2016

I know this is an old topic, but would anyone be able to advise if the professional version of Lingvo x6 with the legal dictionary included is better than Multitran, or vice versa?

Or maybe a new Russian to English legal dictionary has been released?

It just seems that there is a real dearth of legal translation resources in Russian-English when compared with languages like Spanish or Italian.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The best English-Russian Legal Dictionary?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »