How do I add Kudoz terminology to glossary?
Thread poster: Natalia Ulla
Natalia Ulla
Natalia Ulla  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:34
English to Spanish
Apr 9, 2015

Hi,

I am sort of new to the site and I recently earn my first 4 Kudoz points!

I wanted to add the term/phrase to the glossary but I can't find how to do that or find a link to add it? The Kudoz term was closed 10 days ago....

It took me a lot of effort to research the term and I think it's a good one to add. I don't know exactly if this is OK. Do translators add terms to the glossary often or is it just a special occurrence? The term is not in the glossary
... See more
Hi,

I am sort of new to the site and I recently earn my first 4 Kudoz points!

I wanted to add the term/phrase to the glossary but I can't find how to do that or find a link to add it? The Kudoz term was closed 10 days ago....

It took me a lot of effort to research the term and I think it's a good one to add. I don't know exactly if this is OK. Do translators add terms to the glossary often or is it just a special occurrence? The term is not in the glossary yet...

Here's the link: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/english_to_spanish/telecommunications/5815048-carriage_service_providers.html

Thanks!

Natalia
Collapse

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
'Gloss' button Apr 9, 2015

Well done!
There should be a button with 'Gloss' written on it under the list with all the answers (next to the buttons with 'answer', 'post reference' and 'post discussion entry'; if you click on that button, it should be very straightforward.

Natalia Ulla
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
OK Thanks, done! Apr 9, 2015

Marjolein Snippe wrote:

Well done!
There should be a button with 'Gloss' written on it under the list with all the answers (next to the buttons with 'answer', 'post reference' and 'post discussion entry'; if you click on that button, it should be very straightforward.

Wow that was so easy! I missed the tiny button! Thanks so much, Marjolein.

I entered a term in the glossary, finally- so proud of myself!

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:34
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
"Gloss this" Apr 9, 2015

Hi Natalia,

There should be a link to do so on the page. Look for the text "Gloss this" or "Gloss" (can't remember which). It should be there somewhere.

Michael

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Well done! Apr 9, 2015

It's satisfying to know that you will be able to continue helping people in the future with your glossary entry, isn't it?!

The glossary is full of imperfections, but it does have its uses if used judiciously, and I'm always going on about how important it is to take care when making glossary references: you may want to change, say, a verb from the past ino the infinitive in both the original and the translation. There are a huge number of typos in the glossary too. But you can edit
... See more
It's satisfying to know that you will be able to continue helping people in the future with your glossary entry, isn't it?!

The glossary is full of imperfections, but it does have its uses if used judiciously, and I'm always going on about how important it is to take care when making glossary references: you may want to change, say, a verb from the past ino the infinitive in both the original and the translation. There are a huge number of typos in the glossary too. But you can edit later on.
Collapse

Natalia Ulla
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks you guys! Apr 9, 2015

Thank you Noni and Michael for all your help!

Noni, I will always make sure I enter the terms correctly in the glossary. If it´s not done properly, then there isn´t really much point, is there?
In any case I am learning so much from participating in the Kudoz discussions. Even if you don´t get the right answer or Kudoz points, you get to learn different ways to translate things and the correct/specific terminology depending on context. I specially enjoy researching terms on
... See more
Thank you Noni and Michael for all your help!

Noni, I will always make sure I enter the terms correctly in the glossary. If it´s not done properly, then there isn´t really much point, is there?
In any case I am learning so much from participating in the Kudoz discussions. Even if you don´t get the right answer or Kudoz points, you get to learn different ways to translate things and the correct/specific terminology depending on context. I specially enjoy researching terms online, it feels like I am some sort of investigator solving a mystery! So much fun...

All best,

Natalia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I add Kudoz terminology to glossary?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »