Interpretation of meaning
Thread poster: Jofiel
Jofiel
Jofiel
Moldova
Romanian to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 24, 2015

I need the help of a brazilian Portuguese speaker for the interpretation of 2 sentences from a small brazilian cartoon "Fabula da Corrupcao". Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7f3jhRxprY
I can't understand the following sentences from the bigining - "Tirava seu suspeito dum pequeno mercadinho"
and "Joao era todo um cao". What versions of possible interpretations c
... See more
I need the help of a brazilian Portuguese speaker for the interpretation of 2 sentences from a small brazilian cartoon "Fabula da Corrupcao". Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7f3jhRxprY
I can't understand the following sentences from the bigining - "Tirava seu suspeito dum pequeno mercadinho"
and "Joao era todo um cao". What versions of possible interpretations could they have. Thanks!
Collapse

PatrickMoreschi
PatrickMoreschi
United States
Local time: 04:18
Translate Sentences Feb 27, 2015

Hi Jofiel,

I have seen this video. As you said you did not understood beginning sentences. I have mentioned it below. I hope it helps you.

Meaning of "Tirava seu suspeito dum pequeno mercadinho" is "Took his suspect of a small grocery store” and Meaning of "Joao era todo um cao" is "Joao was all a dog"

Jofiel
Jofiel
Moldova
Romanian to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tirava seu suspeito dum pequeno mercadinho Feb 27, 2015

It's how i translated them but still Joao is the name of the man in the cartoon how can he be also the dog unless it's the dog's name as well?
I translated simply "Joao has a dog" not to create confusion in understanding.
I asked native portuguease speakers from Portugal and they couldn't tell me any idea of meaning of these two sentences. Anyway thank you!

Fabio M. Caldas
Fabio M. Caldas  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 17:18
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Wrong transcription/understading Mar 3, 2015

Dear Jofiel,

You didn't get it right. The narrator said:

"Tirava seu SUSTENTO de um pequeno mercadinho"

"João era o DONO de um cão"

Regards,

Fábio M. Caldas

Jofiel
Jofiel
Moldova
Romanian to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tirava seu sustento dum pequeno mercadinho Mar 3, 2015

Hi!
that's it, i could not understand the pronunciation correctly, the bad thing is that the native portuguese speakers from Portugal couldn't understand or they were lasy to listen properly) and i couldn't interpret it corectly in the result.
Thank you very much for help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpretation of meaning

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »