First look at Heartsome Translation Studio 8 (video)
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:20
Finnish to French
Jan 6, 2013

My latest video, on the basic use (create project & TM, add & translate Word document, export translated document) of Heartsome Translation Studio 8:

See more
My latest video, on the basic use (create project & TM, add & translate Word document, export translated document) of Heartsome Translation Studio 8:

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2013/01/07/quickt-look-at-heartsome-translation-studio-8/
or
http://youtu.be/DDIctwQHqAo?hd=1

I also published a similar video about Swordfish, a distant "cousin" of Heartsome Translation Studio:

http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2013/01/07/quick-look-at-swordfish-iii/
or
http://youtu.be/s2Y6Maz2Xz8?hd=1

[Edited at 2013-01-07 20:17 GMT]
Collapse

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Local time: 22:20
Thank you. Jan 7, 2013

Hi Dominique Pivard,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Heartsome youtube Jan 7, 2013

Video about Heartsome on youtube site https://www.youtube.com/user/heartsomesoftware

[Edited at 2013-01-07 06:38 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
YouTube channel Jan 7, 2013

Heartsome Support wrote:
Video about Heartsome on youtube site https://www.youtube.com/user/heartsomesoftware

Good to see Heartsome now has its own YouTube channel! Your channel currently has one subscriber (me!) and 59 views. The biggest player in the field (SDL) has 1182 subscribers and 400,000 views, but you have to start from something

My own YouTube channel (CATguruEN) has 614 subscribers and 73,000 views, and I only set it up 15 months ago (SDL started theirs almost four years ago). Small guys too can make a difference!

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:20
English to French
+ ...
Full Tag View Jan 7, 2013

Hi Dominique,

Your video is fine - thanks. I've tested a few xml files under Heartsome but found that you really need to select "Complete Tag Content" to be able to translate xml files properly from English into French as the word order is different when placeholders are used - even the Partial Tag Content is not good enough, just a suggestion, your video and Heartsome demos don't show that feature - the three stars in the Toolbar - the default "Tag ID" might be ok for most applica
... See more
Hi Dominique,

Your video is fine - thanks. I've tested a few xml files under Heartsome but found that you really need to select "Complete Tag Content" to be able to translate xml files properly from English into French as the word order is different when placeholders are used - even the Partial Tag Content is not good enough, just a suggestion, your video and Heartsome demos don't show that feature - the three stars in the Toolbar - the default "Tag ID" might be ok for most applications but not quite relevant in other instances.

Regards,

Bernard
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Sample segment from XML file? Jan 7, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:
I've tested a few xml files under Heartsome but found that you really need to select "Complete Tag Content" to be able to translate xml files properly from English into French as the word order is different when placeholders are used - even the Partial Tag Content is not good enough, just a suggestion, your video and Heartsome demos don't show that feature - the three stars in the Toolbar - the default "Tag ID" might be ok for most applications but not quite relevant in other instances.

Thanks for your comments, Bernard! My purpose was not to make a thorough review of Heartsome, but rather to give a quick overview of the basic workflow.

Can you give an example of a sample English segment from an XML file illustrating the issue you raised?

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 15:20
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Second look at HS8 - No fuzzy term recognition Jan 11, 2013

Dear colleagues,

Although Dominique made a brief overview on this software, I have got a really important piece of information that was left out from his introduction.

Heartsome Studio 8 does NOT have automated fuzzy term recognition. You can do fuzzy term search in the terminology database manually, but when you move to the next segment, the program does not offer fuzzy term hits in the terminology windows.

This is a critical information and a serious flaw
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Although Dominique made a brief overview on this software, I have got a really important piece of information that was left out from his introduction.

Heartsome Studio 8 does NOT have automated fuzzy term recognition. You can do fuzzy term search in the terminology database manually, but when you move to the next segment, the program does not offer fuzzy term hits in the terminology windows.

This is a critical information and a serious flaw. I personally cannot imagine my everyday work without automated fuzzy term recognition.

Regards,

Gyula
Collapse

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Record it, will improve it Jan 13, 2013

Gyula, we have recorded this. We will make improvements in later days.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

First look at Heartsome Translation Studio 8 (video)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »