Exported other CAT file format from Heartsome can be recognized by its native CAT tool?
Thread poster: Tomrobot
Tomrobot
Tomrobot
Local time: 01:52
English to Chinese
Jan 1, 2013

I see Heartsome 8 can translate other CAT file format. I am planning to migrate to Mac as my major translation platform. I am worried about if I use Heartsome 8 translate other CAT file format such as Trados or MemoQ file on Mac and return the file to my customer who use Windows, whether these file still can be recognize by its native CAT tools on my customer side because disk system for MAC and Windows is different?

[Edited at 2013-01-02 01:27 GMT]

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Local time: 19:52
Disk system not affect the contents of the file Jan 2, 2013

1. The disk system will not affect the contents of the file;
2. Heartsome use Unicode as default encoding;
3. When translate other CAT tools files, Heartsome will keep these files intact to the maximum extent: Heartsome usually update the target and segment statuses only.
4. Heartsome is a cross-platform tool with the good support for the exchange of files between different platforms.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Exported other CAT file format from Heartsome can be recognized by its native CAT tool?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »