Small question about CVs when contacting agencies
Thread poster: Adam, MA Trans
Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
For Soonthon Oct 23, 2016

Good point you raised. How do we prevent our published CV and samples from being misappropriated? I found a solution.

1) Create an image file of your CV and each of your translation samples.
2) If your CV or samples are Word files, create a PDF file for each.
3) Using an image editing program (I use Adobe Illustrator), open each PDF and convert it to an image file.
4) Alternatively, you can use SnagIt (an image/video editing program, not expensive) to captur
... See more
Good point you raised. How do we prevent our published CV and samples from being misappropriated? I found a solution.

1) Create an image file of your CV and each of your translation samples.
2) If your CV or samples are Word files, create a PDF file for each.
3) Using an image editing program (I use Adobe Illustrator), open each PDF and convert it to an image file.
4) Alternatively, you can use SnagIt (an image/video editing program, not expensive) to capture each page and convert it to an image. Then you can use Adobe Acrobat X or later version to combine all the pages of a sample or CV into a single (image) PDF.

By image PDF, it means the PDF cannot be edited. The text contained in that PDF cannot be copied or edited either.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Small question about CVs when contacting agencies

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »