Thread poster: Nathalie Coutelle
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sheila ... Dec 1, 2016

... knows more about it than I do, and I've been here for years! I didn't know they got half-price travel deals down there, either. All good advice, as usual.

As for the wish expressed elsewhere in the thread to "avoid" social security payments, hey, me too! - I'd love to avoid Spain's fully-fledged monthly 267.03 €, which was lifted from my bank account this very morning, but it's not an option, and I can't expect to have all the benefits in the country if I don't pay it. There's
... See more
... knows more about it than I do, and I've been here for years! I didn't know they got half-price travel deals down there, either. All good advice, as usual.

As for the wish expressed elsewhere in the thread to "avoid" social security payments, hey, me too! - I'd love to avoid Spain's fully-fledged monthly 267.03 €, which was lifted from my bank account this very morning, but it's not an option, and I can't expect to have all the benefits in the country if I don't pay it. There's no such thing as "free" healthcare benefits etc. - they're paid for by people's contributions in any country.

Mervyn

[Edited at 2016-12-01 13:01 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Becoming a freelance translator in Spain

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »