Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Management plan for a translation company?
Thread poster: imtiaz rahman
imtiaz rahman
imtiaz rahman
United Arab Emirates
Apr 12, 2014

Dear all i needs some sources regarding management plan for a newly translation company. thanks in Advance

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:16
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
More Information Apr 13, 2014

I believe it is difficult to give any input with this much information. Can you please give some more background and details?

imtiaz rahman
imtiaz rahman
United Arab Emirates
TOPIC STARTER
More info Apr 14, 2014

basically my friend has started a translation company we have make the complete setup by hiring an office now we need further assistance v having clients already just we need the daily time table of working means how to manage the office inside work how to make time table, as a manager what should be the responsibilities.

TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:16
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Becoming an Outsourcer: Your Business Plan Apr 14, 2014

A training from Proz:

http://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/9587-becoming_an_outsourcer_your_business_plan

Hope it helps!

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Site users are expected to treat each other with courtesy, as per site rule #2, http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/2#2
ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:16
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Internet Search Apr 15, 2014

You can make a search on the Internet using the words "management plan" or "business plan" together with the words "translation, company". There is a lot more if you use "business plan" instead of "management plan". Good luck.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Site users are expected to treat each other with courtesy, as per site rule #2, http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/2#2
Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Your approach doesn't sound like a recipe for success Apr 16, 2014

Open an office to start a business and then try to figure out how to run the business afterwards? Do you even know what you are getting into? That's called putting the cart before the horse in my language, and THAT is a recipe for losing money, not earning it.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Reply to a hidden post.
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Reply to a hidden post.
imtiaz rahman
imtiaz rahman
United Arab Emirates
TOPIC STARTER
last reply Apr 16, 2014

I think everyone is interested to make jokes but no one is able to answer my question & give me suggestions & specially Mr, woodstock the comments you posted those actions could be performed by a 5 years kid. so no need to count yourself in experts.

our office is ready in very VIP area, with the bless of all mighty Allah we having plenty of clients & upto now we got no complaints on their behalf regarding their work, all i was asking the responsibilities,
of accountant
... See more
I think everyone is interested to make jokes but no one is able to answer my question & give me suggestions & specially Mr, woodstock the comments you posted those actions could be performed by a 5 years kid. so no need to count yourself in experts.

our office is ready in very VIP area, with the bless of all mighty Allah we having plenty of clients & upto now we got no complaints on their behalf regarding their work, all i was asking the responsibilities,
of accountant
marketer
secretary
& other staff members
because upto now we working as a free lancer.

Thank you for your comments everyone & i am surprised that i got such a responses from this well known website. strangeeeeee

i was looking for professionalism but i am completely disappointed,
Collapse

Diana Obermeyer
Diana Obermeyer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:16
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
... Apr 16, 2014

Your response is somewhat uncalled for. You actually want someone to write a business plan for you without any information? If you present your business like you have no idea what you're doing, then you shouldn't be surprised if you receive replies that take exactly that representation into account.

imtiaz rahman wrote:

all i was asking the responsibilities,
of accountant
marketer
secretary
& other staff members
because upto now we working as a free lancer.

accountant - money stuff
marketer - promotion stuff
secretary - paper work stuff
other staff members - coffee making stuff and talking

I can recommend a great resource that appears to fit your current management needs precisely: http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781119975274?redirected=true&viewCountry=UK&selectCurrency=GBP&gclid=CPOLq9Kg5b0CFWzJtAodfF4AIA

I'm quite sure it deals with all of your burning questions.

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
French to English
No it wasn't Woodstock, it was me. Apr 16, 2014

Yes this is a professional website and I am a professional translator with over 15 years' experience both as an in-house translator, proofreader and PM and as a free-lance translator.

I readily dish out advice to all sorts of people here and have been thanked warmly on many occasions.

One of my sticking points as a translator is to match my style to that of the client, and I adopt the same attitude here: I match my answer to the style of the question.

An
... See more
Yes this is a professional website and I am a professional translator with over 15 years' experience both as an in-house translator, proofreader and PM and as a free-lance translator.

I readily dish out advice to all sorts of people here and have been thanked warmly on many occasions.

One of my sticking points as a translator is to match my style to that of the client, and I adopt the same attitude here: I match my answer to the style of the question.

And before you tar the others with the same brush as me, may I point out that several people have thoughtfully provided you with links, and ideas for googling, have you looked into any of them? They at least deserve a word of sincere thanks.
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Management plan for a translation company?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »