Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:14
German to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 14, 2017

Dear colleagues,

A friend of mine asked me a question regarding the translation of some documents pertinent to a judicial process in Germany. However, I have absolutely no information about the system there and the terms are not clear to me.

He is resident in Turkey and he has a company there. He will sue a company/person in Germany in German courts (i.e., in Saarland, at Saarbrücken Landesgericht).

His needs the translation of several documents like tax p
... See more
Dear colleagues,

A friend of mine asked me a question regarding the translation of some documents pertinent to a judicial process in Germany. However, I have absolutely no information about the system there and the terms are not clear to me.

He is resident in Turkey and he has a company there. He will sue a company/person in Germany in German courts (i.e., in Saarland, at Saarbrücken Landesgericht).

His needs the translation of several documents like tax plate, bank account activities (from Turkish into German). His lawyer sent him a letter containing the sentence below:
"Außerdem müssen wir alle Anlagen und alle Nachweise für die wirtschaftliche Bedürftigkeit in deutscher Sprache vorlegen, als bestenfalls ins deutsche durch einen zugelassenen Übersetzer übersetzen lassen."

My question is, what is a "zugelassener Übersetzer/in"?

There are a lot of differences in judicial and economic systems between the two countries and I want him to find the right translator for this job.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Beste Grüsse!
Collapse

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:14
German to English
ermächtigte(r) Übersetzer(in) Mar 14, 2017

Hi Elif,

Your friend will need the translations to be done and certified by an "ermächtigte(r) Übersetzer(in) für die türkische Sprache". The German court they're authorised (ermächtigt) by doesn't matter (i.e. it doesn't have to be by the Landgericht SB). They don't even have to be resident in Germany, as long as they have the fabled "Stempel". It may be that one or more Bundesländer (still) use a term other than "ermächtigt", but they are all equivalent.

I woul
... See more
Hi Elif,

Your friend will need the translations to be done and certified by an "ermächtigte(r) Übersetzer(in) für die türkische Sprache". The German court they're authorised (ermächtigt) by doesn't matter (i.e. it doesn't have to be by the Landgericht SB). They don't even have to be resident in Germany, as long as they have the fabled "Stempel". It may be that one or more Bundesländer (still) use a term other than "ermächtigt", but they are all equivalent.

I would be extremely surprised if there aren't a number of translators resident in Turkey who are also authorized by a German court.

HTH,
Robin
PS: Of course you can also check out the BDÜ database, see http://www.bdue.de/fuer-auftraggeber/

Elif Baykara wrote:

Dear colleagues,

His needs the translation of several documents like tax plate, bank account activities (from Turkish into German). His lawyer sent him a letter containing the sentence below:
"Außerdem müssen wir alle Anlagen und alle Nachweise für die wirtschaftliche Bedürftigkeit in deutscher Sprache vorlegen, als bestenfalls ins deutsche durch einen zugelassenen Übersetzer übersetzen lassen."

My question is, what is a "zugelassener Übersetzer/in"?

There are a lot of differences in judicial and economic systems between the two countries and I want him to find the right translator for this job.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Beste Grüsse!
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 18:14
English to German
Key principle: They are "vereidigt". Mar 15, 2017

RobinB wrote:

It may be that one or more Bundesländer (still) use a term other than "ermächtigt", but they are all equivalent.

Yes. See http://www.bdue.de/der-beruf/beeidigte/

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:14
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 15, 2017

@RobinB and @Rolf Keller.

I appreciate your help.

I told my friend to visit the www.bdue.de website for further investigation.

He speaks German quite good, so, now that he knows what to look for, I believe that he will find his way through the listings.

Grüsse,
Elif

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

"zugelassener Übersetzer/in"??

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »