Jul 6, 2017

hi all

i bought

Full Text Translation - Lifetime
English Babylon Human Voice
Concise Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus Package
Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus

through babylons website this March

every time i go to their online chat on line they are offline.

I have downloaded the software via the link they sent me when i purchased it.

when I try to put in the license number
... See more
hi all

i bought

Full Text Translation - Lifetime
English Babylon Human Voice
Concise Oxford English Dictionary and Thesaurus Package
Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus

through babylons website this March

every time i go to their online chat on line they are offline.

I have downloaded the software via the link they sent me when i purchased it.

when I try to put in the license number it says that it is not compatible with what is installed. which i dont understand.

ive uninstalled and reinstalled but the result is the same.

i have been able to use the add in in word 5 times then it says i can upgrade the software.
which i dont get because ive already purchased it. i realise then oh this is a trial version so i get rid of it i e delete it but im back to square one.

does anyone have a telephone number in the states or anywhere in the world. ther website does nt provide a telephone number.

the pro life time version im guessing means that i will have life time license is this true
thanks

kevin
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 22:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Pig in a poke Jul 10, 2017

Not knowing much about Babylon, I did a bit of a Google search to check it out.
The blurb saying "Translate any full text by clicking on it, or by simply copying and pasting it into your desktop translator." ... sounds to me like the old Systran. I doubt that many professional translators use this type of software nowadays.
The cheapest CAT tool I personally use is Wordfast Classic. For automatic translation, I use GT4T, although others are available.
If you've already paid f
... See more
Not knowing much about Babylon, I did a bit of a Google search to check it out.
The blurb saying "Translate any full text by clicking on it, or by simply copying and pasting it into your desktop translator." ... sounds to me like the old Systran. I doubt that many professional translators use this type of software nowadays.
The cheapest CAT tool I personally use is Wordfast Classic. For automatic translation, I use GT4T, although others are available.
If you've already paid for the Babylon software and they are not responding to your request for help, phone calls or emails, it would set off all my alarm bells.
Collapse

Virginia Navascues
Virginia Navascues  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:53
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
babylon 10-Bablyon doesn' reply Nov 12, 2017

It seems to me I had that same problem a few years ago and I finally had to manually insert the password (an interminable chain of numbers and letters).

However, after several years of no problems, I now get an error message that initialization has failed or some such thing and Babylon doesn't help me. They only send me another link to reinstall the software, but it so happens that I cannot uninstall the former verson because it's apparently been moved. I get another error message s
... See more
It seems to me I had that same problem a few years ago and I finally had to manually insert the password (an interminable chain of numbers and letters).

However, after several years of no problems, I now get an error message that initialization has failed or some such thing and Babylon doesn't help me. They only send me another link to reinstall the software, but it so happens that I cannot uninstall the former verson because it's apparently been moved. I get another error message saying that that network resource isn't available. I get no reply from Babylon telling me how to uninstall the last versión.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with babylon software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »