Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:02
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 28, 2016

Hello everyone

Although TheBigWord is an agency, this question pertains to a CAT tool made by them, so I assume it's okay to name the company here. I googled for this tool but found very little information about it. Has anyone here ever used it? What are your thoughts about it? HSTE is apparently short for "Highly Secure Translation Editor" but the About box also calls the tool the "Secure Xliff Editor".

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2016-09-28
... See more
Hello everyone

Although TheBigWord is an agency, this question pertains to a CAT tool made by them, so I assume it's okay to name the company here. I googled for this tool but found very little information about it. Has anyone here ever used it? What are your thoughts about it? HSTE is apparently short for "Highly Secure Translation Editor" but the About box also calls the tool the "Secure Xliff Editor".

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2016-09-28 08:43 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:02
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hmm, never heard of it Sep 28, 2016

Is it perchance an online tool? If so, I'll add it to my growing list @ http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/306817-making_a_comprehensive_list_of_all_online_cat_tools_currently_available_pls_help.html

Michael

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Do not recommend Sep 29, 2016

It's highly secure, because you can't export, import, add your TM or even copy strings (if I remember correctly). That means you can't verify how accurate the analysis is and compare it with standard CATs, and it was a deal breaker for me.
I find it really annoying that clients buy the BS about security achieved by making you work less efficiently, while — if you really wanted to be unethical and sell confidential data to a competitor — you could simply give them your credentials, make
... See more
It's highly secure, because you can't export, import, add your TM or even copy strings (if I remember correctly). That means you can't verify how accurate the analysis is and compare it with standard CATs, and it was a deal breaker for me.
I find it really annoying that clients buy the BS about security achieved by making you work less efficiently, while — if you really wanted to be unethical and sell confidential data to a competitor — you could simply give them your credentials, make screenshots or just summarize the text.
Collapse

Dejan Papež
Dejan Papež  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2017)
Slovenian to English
+ ...
Screenshot Reader Jan 7, 2018

Use a screenshot reader to export the content.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TheBigWord's HSTE

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »