Trados 2014 how to set penalties
Thread poster: Richard 778
Richard 778
Richard 778
France
Jan 30, 2015

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is an option in Trados 2014 that allows to set penalties. My goal is to not take into account capital letters in the penalies in order to have more 100%.

For example, if the source segment contains words in capital letters and I have the exact translation in my TM but witout capital letters, I get something like 97%. I would like to have an exact match. Is that possible?

Thank you very muche for our help !

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:33
Finnish to French
Purpose of having non-exact match rated as 100%? Feb 2, 2015

First of all, there's a dedicated forum for Trados: why didn't you ask your question there?

Secondly, what benefit would you get from having non-exact matches displayed as 100%? If punctuation, capitalization etc. is different, having the match displayed as fuzzy serves a purpose: to attract your attention to the fact there's a mismatch that may need to be fixed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 how to set penalties

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »