3ADE shadab
3ADE shadab
Local time: 12:44
Member (2008)
Hindi to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2014

Hi

Note : I am asking this question as a Owner of an Translation agency based in India.

I would like to know if is there any Govt Organization, Institute, or Ministry in India who approve Translation agencies as Certified Translation Agency Give any kind of Certification so that i can show to our client that we are approved translation agency. I receive number of client inquiry who require Certified Translation by Govt of India but as per my knowledge i did not find any
... See more
Hi

Note : I am asking this question as a Owner of an Translation agency based in India.

I would like to know if is there any Govt Organization, Institute, or Ministry in India who approve Translation agencies as Certified Translation Agency Give any kind of Certification so that i can show to our client that we are approved translation agency. I receive number of client inquiry who require Certified Translation by Govt of India but as per my knowledge i did not find any organization who approve Translation agency as Certified Translation agency.

Please suggest what to do in this case.

Thanks.

Regards

Shadab

Troikaa Translation Services
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:14
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
From Google research Jul 23, 2014

I found the following on the website of an Indian agency called Certified Translation - http://certifiedtranslation :

"In India, to be considered a certified translation, the translation must include the following:

The source document (copy) in the original language
The translated document in the target language

A certificate of translation signed by the tr
... See more
I found the following on the website of an Indian agency called Certified Translation - http://certifiedtranslation :

"In India, to be considered a certified translation, the translation must include the following:

The source document (copy) in the original language
The translated document in the target language

A certificate of translation signed by the translator or translation company representative, with his or her signature notarized by a Notary Public, attesting that the translator or translation company representative believes the target language text to be an accurate and complete translation of the original language text."

And I found another agency in India that claims to be a certified agency, but when you look at the small print it only means that its management system is ISO-certified.

So I think that though you can supply certified translations, there is probably no Indian government system for certifying translation agencies.
Collapse

Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:14
Polish to English
+ ...
Never heard Jul 23, 2014

Never heard of certified agency; certified is usually a translator.
So, I would say that you would need to cooperate with translators authorized to certify or verify the translations in a manner/form that is required by the particular government institution.

3ADE shadab
3ADE shadab
Member (2008)
Hindi to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes ! I know Jul 24, 2014

Ewa Olszowa wrote:

So, I would say that you would need to cooperate with translators authorized to certify or verify the translations in a manner/form that is required by the particular government institution.

I know that only a translator can certified the translation, But in India there is no institute or Govt who issue any kind of Authority or certification to translator. This is what i would like to know.

Kamta Prasad
Kamta Prasad
India
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
English>Hindi Jul 24, 2014

I India, most translation companies don't have their inhouse staff. The are merely facilitator. Take job from big agencies. Hire cheapest linguist and make big margin. Thwy have neither staff nor experties.

Delhi based agencies offer 35-50... What quality can we expect.

Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:14
Polish to English
+ ...
Check with the institutions who want such translations Jul 24, 2014

So I would follow with the government agencies and other institutions expecting certified translations and check what they mean by certified or official translation? What are their expectation in respect to the translator/agency and the document itself to be accepted.

Regards,
Ewa

Mohd shadab wrote:

Ewa Olszowa wrote:

I know that only a translator can certified the translation, But in India there is no institute or Govt who issue any kind of Authority or certification to translator. This is what i would like to know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certified Translation Agency - India

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »