Bulgarian phonetic or mnemonic keyboard for Windows 8.1
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 13:36
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 24, 2015

Where can I find this resource? Seems like all the ones listed on the Internet won't work with Windows 8.1. That applies also to the website Cnet.com, but please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks for assist with that, and kindly stay on topic if you would like to add comments!
YR

Ацтуаллъ ит дид инсталл, ас ъоу цан сее.
Actually it did install, as you can see, however, this in spite of the message: failed to install keyboard upon reb
... See more
Where can I find this resource? Seems like all the ones listed on the Internet won't work with Windows 8.1. That applies also to the website Cnet.com, but please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks for assist with that, and kindly stay on topic if you would like to add comments!
YR

Ацтуаллъ ит дид инсталл, ас ъоу цан сее.
Actually it did install, as you can see, however, this in spite of the message: failed to install keyboard upon rebooting.
So, I guess this has taken care of itself. I think the install was a result of downloading from the Snet.com website. Tks.

[Edited at 2015-05-24 02:17 GMT]
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Windows 8.1 not built-in? May 24, 2015

Хелоу, Ингве,

I wonder why you are searching for the Bulgarian keyboard on the Internet, you should normally be able to install it from within Windows, in your language bar from the settings; there are 4 Bulgarian keyboards, two of them are phonetic. Then you can also use the on-screen keyboard to type (after BG phonetic is installed, of course).

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 13:36
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes... May 24, 2015

Thank you for replying.
I don't see Bulgarian phonetic keyboard under Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region > Language > Add Language, which is where you'd expect it to be. I do see several phonetic keyboards when clicking on the language bar and then clicking language preferences, and then options under Bulgarian, then add an input method.
I think this analysis is correct.
Thank you for leading me in the correct direction. I was able to do this previously for the Russ
... See more
Thank you for replying.
I don't see Bulgarian phonetic keyboard under Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region > Language > Add Language, which is where you'd expect it to be. I do see several phonetic keyboards when clicking on the language bar and then clicking language preferences, and then options under Bulgarian, then add an input method.
I think this analysis is correct.
Thank you for leading me in the correct direction. I was able to do this previously for the Russian phonetic, so I must have forgotten this devious path to achieve my goal.

Now for setting the key sequences for the various language keyboard layouts. It is important here to remember also to activate "Apply language settings to welcome screen," otherwise this will all have been for naught when rebooting (the shortcut settings will then have magically disappeared - nice going Microsoft, not!). You have to remember the littlest details here for this to take effect, including clicking on "Copy your current settings to: Welcome screens and system accounts."

[Edited at 2015-05-25 14:30 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bulgarian phonetic or mnemonic keyboard for Windows 8.1

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »