How to restore main window? How to spellcheck document?
Thread poster: Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:10
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 9, 2015

I'm a newbie here, trying Across 6 at a client's request after having given up on Across some years ago.

Of my many questions that are not answered in the 900-page user's manual, maybe some kind soul could answer two:

1. I hit an icon that hid the CrossView window that is on the left, and cannot get it back. Also, the CrossTank search windows at the bottom have disappeared. How do you "restore the main window" to how it was when I started out?

2. I want to
... See more
I'm a newbie here, trying Across 6 at a client's request after having given up on Across some years ago.

Of my many questions that are not answered in the 900-page user's manual, maybe some kind soul could answer two:

1. I hit an icon that hid the CrossView window that is on the left, and cannot get it back. Also, the CrossTank search windows at the bottom have disappeared. How do you "restore the main window" to how it was when I started out?

2. I want to spellcheck the entire file, but can find no way to do it, other than to move along segment by segment and look for the red squiggly lines. I want something like F7 in MS Word and most CAT tools that I am familiar with.

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 08:10
Spanish to German
+ ...
Across V6 - Main window and spellcheck Oct 10, 2015

Hi Susan,
under View / Windows / crossView you can activate crossView and selecting View / Windows / Search Center you will see again the crossTank search.

In the crossView panel on the left hand appear several criterion for the quality management. One of them is the spellcheck. On page 428 of the User Manual Reference Guide for
... See more
Hi Susan,
under View / Windows / crossView you can activate crossView and selecting View / Windows / Search Center you will see again the crossTank search.

In the crossView panel on the left hand appear several criterion for the quality management. One of them is the spellcheck. On page 428 of the User Manual Reference Guide for version 6 (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_en.pdf) you will see an explanation for the different icons and 5.4.2.3 QM View on page 430 refers to the spellcheck.

HTH
Liselotte Hennig
Collapse

Susan Welsh
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 10, 2015

Liselotte K. de Hennig wrote:

under View / Windows / crossView you can activate crossView

That worked fine, except on my version 6 it is View / Windows / Workspace which restores CrossView.

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 08:10
Spanish to German
+ ...
German interface Oct 10, 2015

Actually my interface is the German one and I am glad it was of some help.

Kind regards
Liselotte Hennig

Alexander Somin
Alexander Somin
Local time: 14:10
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
How to restore Across views Oct 11, 2015

Hi Susan,

1. Right-click on the very upper panel of Across and select from the pop-out menu to restore the views.

2. Left-click the QA checking icon on the left panel where you can see the file structure by default. Then, choose from the list of all checks possible the check you need and right-click on it. Then choose, what you want Across to do exactly while checking.

If you right-click the file name on the top of the QA list, you could choose the checking
... See more
Hi Susan,

1. Right-click on the very upper panel of Across and select from the pop-out menu to restore the views.

2. Left-click the QA checking icon on the left panel where you can see the file structure by default. Then, choose from the list of all checks possible the check you need and right-click on it. Then choose, what you want Across to do exactly while checking.

If you right-click the file name on the top of the QA list, you could choose the checking mode for the complete QA of the whole file.

I hope these will help you.

[Edited at 2015-10-11 21:58 GMT]
Collapse

Susan Welsh
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Alexander Oct 11, 2015

These tips will also be helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to restore main window? How to spellcheck document?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »