Thread poster: Norskpro
Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
Local time: 07:21
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 4, 2015

I have translated my first document, from English to Norwegian, in Across and I want to finish and send it off. The document contains a number of sections, such as section 2.1. When I click for the document to mark all segments as translated I get this message: "The source text and the target text contain a different amount of numbers (1 and 2 respectively)." I have written the target number exactly as the source, 2.1. In the source number there is a sign above it indicating that it counts as on... See more
I have translated my first document, from English to Norwegian, in Across and I want to finish and send it off. The document contains a number of sections, such as section 2.1. When I click for the document to mark all segments as translated I get this message: "The source text and the target text contain a different amount of numbers (1 and 2 respectively)." I have written the target number exactly as the source, 2.1. In the source number there is a sign above it indicating that it counts as one number, whereas the target number has two signs above it, one for the 2 and one for the 1. When I move the cursor above the source number it says that in Norwegian it should be 2,1, which is true in matters that deal with amounts with decimals, but it is not the case for numbers in document sections.

How important is it that the target text and the source text contain "the same amount of numbers"? Does it affect the final document in any way?
Collapse

Britt Laux
Britt Laux  Identity Verified
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Mark it as a match Mar 5, 2015

You should be able to mark the translation as a match when you finish the job.

Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 5, 2015

I'll see if I can find out how to do that.

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 02:21
Spanish to German
+ ...
Ignore false positives Mar 5, 2015

In the CrossView on the left side in the CrossDesk you will see the criteria for different types of errors. When you click on a plus sign in front a criterion, all the segments with this supposed sort of error will be displayed.

You can select the segment and "ignore" the error right clicking on that segment in the list of the Cross View. You can also select all the segments of a criterion that appear as having errors and have not and then right click and choose "ignore".
... See more
In the CrossView on the left side in the CrossDesk you will see the criteria for different types of errors. When you click on a plus sign in front a criterion, all the segments with this supposed sort of error will be displayed.

You can select the segment and "ignore" the error right clicking on that segment in the list of the Cross View. You can also select all the segments of a criterion that appear as having errors and have not and then right click and choose "ignore".

Kind regards
Liselotte
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Section numbers

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »